View RSS Feed

The Randomicity of a SuperDan...

A Dash of Death On Top...

Rate this Entry
.. Yes. Just to add to my depression and my relationship breaking down, my West Highland terrier Cracker has been diagnosed with cancer in his abdomen, which has spread to his stomach.

He's been part of the family for ten years... Feels like practically my whole life... And I'm devastated. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

I know this is a common thing; I know everybody has a dog die in their lifetime, but, honestly, I've never had to deal with death in my life. All my grandparents died before I was 12, and Cracker was the only dog we've ever had. For me, this is a massive deal. And it couldn't have come at worse time for me.

I'm already feeling the guilt - "we should have done something sooner", "we didn't look after him properly" - and I feel so bad for him. He must have been so scared and lonely spending two nights at the vets, without Mum and in pain. Ugh. My head and my heart just... Hurt.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. My girlfriend's dog just died a week ago, and it has been very difficult on her and I. It is not your fault (or anyone elses, for that matter) that your dog had cancer, as I do not believe there is much you could have done. Losing a dog can be like losing a friend, because after all, dogs are man's best friend. My heart goes out to you and your family.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.