View RSS Feed

FauxPas

Crossroads of life.

Rate this Entry
Ugh, so where to begin? I have hit a fork in the road. I should start from the beginning. So my parents are divorced and my Dad has been helping with the house payment, though he does not live here. Recently my Dad has met a new family and has told us he is going to stop helping with the payments. Well my Mom cannot afford the house payment on her own and I don't make nearly enough to even come close to help.

Needless to say at the start of this month our house started the foreclosure proceedings. We have 5 months minimum before we get a 30 day eviction notice. Still quite a bit of time. My grandparents have told us they will help us buy a new place, that we can afford. We have started packing and what not, but the other day my Mom got fired from her job, the reasons they fired her were for the "Legal issues" that were going on. This however is discrimination. But I won't go into that for now and instead move on to the fact that my Mom has an interview with an airline for "Flight Attendant"

Here is where the fork in the road comes into play. If my Mom gets this job, she will be moving out of state from Colorado to Florida. I on the other hand have to make the choice of going with her or not. I cannot afford a place on my own and do not know anyone who wants a roommate, nor do I trust strangers. So I can either:

1: Move with my Mom, but that would require quitting my job as Supervisor, that took me 4 years to obtain, I love my job, But I hate my current living situation and have mixed feelings about moving out of Colorado, leaving my friends behind..ect.

I could though have the possibility of a transfer to a theatre that is in Florida, specifically a Disney AMC theatre, My Mom has a friend that works for Disney that could put in a good word for me, But if that does not work out shoot for a job as dressing as Mickey Mouse and running around the park. Considering I am a furry, this is not a bad thought and would love to do this.

Downside again, My grandmother on my Mom's side has no business driving anymore, she is a scary driver. My Mom would kinda like me to stay behind because she is going to need help getting around town, I kinda have some guilt laid upon me. I am also worried that once I get down to Florida, I am going to hate it, and want to go back, but will not be able too.
(Sorry about jumping around between Pros and Cons)

2: Stay where I am, my grandparents said I could move in with them, live there rent free and have a room that is bigger than what I have now, BUT have to give up my DL side as well as I would not be able to take my cats with me. I don't believe this would solve the feelings of wanting to get "out"

Downside is that my Dad would pretty much expect me to be apart of his new found family, I have already told him I want nothing to do with it, but get the feeling that if my Mom moves, it will just give him reason to keep trying.

I honestly do not know what to do, or what I am going to do. Like I said I have mixed feelings about leaving Colorado, but at the same time feel like I have been doing the same thing my whole life and want to try something new (Reason #1 of why I am going to RMFC this year) Doing something I never thought I would do.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I don't understand one thing. Don't flight attendants work only on the plane or is the people who check your ticket at the gate also classified as a flight attendant?

Leaving friends behind is tough to do and the fact your grandparents have offered you a free room does make it even harder to choose. Would you have to give up your diaper wearing completely if you moved in with your grandparents? Most older people don't have great hearing and therefore would not pick up on the crinkle sound as easily as someone younger.

I guess one question you should ask yourself is how strong is your DL side because if it is really strong then it might be better to move with your mom or in with someone where you can accommodate your DL side if you can not do it living with your grandparents.

Whatever decision you make, you know you can always find someone here to talk to when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by goodolandy
    I don't understand one thing. Don't flight attendants work only on the plane or is the people who check your ticket at the gate also classified as a flight attendant?

Leaving friends behind is tough to do and the fact your grandparents have offered you a free room does make it even harder to choose. Would you have to give up your diaper wearing completely if you moved in with your grandparents? Most older people don't have great hearing and therefore would not pick up on the crinkle sound as easily as someone younger.

I guess one question you should ask yourself is how strong is your DL side because if it is really strong then it might be better to move with your mom or in with someone where you can accommodate your DL side if you can not do it living with your grandparents.

Whatever decision you make, you know you can always find someone here to talk to when needed.
    Nope, they are only on the plane, but the problem is that she would be located out of Chicago, and have to commute .

I'm not sure if I would have to give it up completely, My grandmother is one of those people that likes to clean up, so I am just afraid they would be found. Also she almost never leaves the house, so I would not have the alone time that I do here.

Thanks for the support, it will be a difficult decision, but I think either way both would be good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by supersam1223
    Just to clarify, why exactly are you so against moving in with your dad and his new family?
    There have been quite a few fights between us, and lies have been told. It would just be really kinda uncomfortable.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.