View RSS Feed

The Thoughts of a Whisper

So It Dawned On Me...(A Whisper's Rant)

Rate this Entry
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDepqD_Wlkg[/url]
(great example of not taking yourself too seriously :P)

You ever feel like sometimes, people take themselves way too seriously? I mean really, self discovery is a wonderful thing that when you've found yourself you shouldn't let a soul take it from you. But the people who wont even let it blend, be open, or worse yet try to infect yours makes me insane!

Just yesterday I was walking with mom into a restraunt, and there was a women sitting with her child. Both had the same haircut, same clothes nearly, and same expression, when all the sudden the little girl glances over at her mom with a "Look Mommy, that girl has a nose ring" and her mom replies with "Don't look it." In the worst tone ive heard in my life. Uhh, what o.O? What protective bubble do you live in? Do you really want to seal off your kid that early? Phew.

Another point I want to get out, just a few weeks ago I was getting my hair done by (Name Omitted, Sorry Gaiz) and I asked him why he re-located with his husband. Well turns out in the last county they happened to be in, they got CHASED OUT. They didn't get any business, and their house was always getting "The evil eye". That's a shame, they aren't night stalkers sneaking out of their house to change your sexual prefrence, they live just as we do -.- Guess that's what we get for living in the South huh? His husband wont even talk these days, just kinda hangs out in the back of the store.

I could go on and on with examples, but where im getting at is why do humans, as a sort of instinct, want to believe themselves to the Pinnacle? Is today just so competitive we lost sight of originality, or really, differences for that matter? Are you better than me, because I like Gold and you like Platinum, therefore your better?

Im sorry this was random and honestly probably made no sense, but latetly it's been bugging me! And I had to vent that.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You ever feel like sometimes, people take themselves way too seriously?

I see a fair amount of it. It feels like people want to in this serious mode all the time. I mean, yeah, in some situations you want to be serious. The rest of the time, I'd recommend to those folks to sit back and relax. Laugh or you'll get wrinkles.

"Look Mommy, that girl has a nose ring" and her mom replies with "Don't look it."

Good grief. A nose ring? Piercings like that don't phase me. It's those folks with 13 nose rings, I squint an eye in confusion.

That's a shame, they aren't night stalkers sneaking out of their house to change your sexual prefrence, they live just as we do -.- Guess that's what we get for living in the South huh?

That reminds me of Lewis Black's "Red, White, and Screwed" segment about homosexuals. (Warning NSFW) Lewis Black - Queers

Is today just so competitive we lost sight of originality, or really, differences for that matter?
    The radio show Coast to Coast AM had a guy on there a few days ago, talking about how people tend to think "I'm right, you're wrong." I don't remember exactly what he said. I was listening before I went to bed. From what I got out of it: Agree to disagree and respect other people's opinions.

For me, I go by: As long as it doesn't do major harm (physically or mentally) to anyone or doesn't do property damage, let'em have some fun.

Then I hear things like this her mom replies with "Don't look it." and my brain short circuits and next thing I know, I'm attacking people at a Pizza Hut with a weed wacker.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.