View RSS Feed

BabbyBruce

Bedwetting and camp

Rate this Entry
So next week I have my Residential (Camp) Coming up next week and I'm kinda scared because of my bed wetting and I have no idea what do.

I could bring diapers but I don't want the others finding out.

Last time I went on camp I wet the bed and I was on the top bunk >w<

I got in contact with ERIC, For those who don't know ERIC provides information, support and products for childhood bedwetting, daytime wetting, constipation, soiling and potty training for parents and families.

I fall under the Bedwetting catagory. Suggestion stuff like Desmopressin but I've tried that before and it didn't really work. And stuff like Drink really well during the whole day and reduce your drinks in the evening and stop them altogether an hour and a half before you go to sleep.

I did bring up that I wore diapers or as they call it pads but they kinda sound like female hygine products when you call them like that. I have a dr appointment tomorrow and they said to ask her what do. They suggested I put them on in the loo/shower room with my pyjamas (baggy tracksuit bottoms ) on over the top so nobody notices. The only problem with that is, How do I dispose of them?

I'm going to have to bring it up with the staff even though I kinda don't want to. But what choice do I have? At least I can be pre-pared this time.

A few days ago I had my dr appointment (Was just a check up) So I decided to bring up my Bedwetting, She gave me Vesicare and Desmopressin. I asked should I bring my diapers just in case and she said yes.

My only worry is disposing of them, I haven't brought it up with the staff yet but I'll do it before next week. Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter Here is all the meds I got today, though some of them are anti biotics and anti allergy pills.

Next week I'll be going away on camp as I've mentioned before in my previous blogs. No mobile phones or internet so this will probably be my last blog before I go.
Categories
Bed Wetting , My Life

Comments

Hehe, I have a sense of deja vu

Anyway, I don't have much to offer in the way of advice, but I do hope you'll have fun and that the bedwetting won't cause any issues

Quote Originally Posted by Near
    Hehe, I have a sense of deja vu

Anyway, I don't have much to offer in the way of advice, but I do hope you'll have fun and that the bedwetting won't cause any issues
    Yeah because this was already on babyfur.me
    Indeed it was (and I had already commented on there :O )

Quote Originally Posted by Near
    Indeed it was (and I had already commented on there :O )
    Yeah well thought I'd get more help here.
    What is this camp for? If there is any one in charge, it's probably good to have a small chat with them. They'll help you in giving you a safe way to dispose of your diapers.

I have been on many scout camps, and the organisers will be more than releived if you plan ahead, than have to put up with any unexepected unwanted incidents that you both have to deal with. This won't be new to them, they have had hundreds of people stay over and you won't be the first to have a bed wetting issue. So whilst it may be embarasing, it will be worth the peace of mind.
    Perhaps bring some small scented plastic bags with you and leave them in there, and store them in your bag, if you're only going for a few days? Whatever you decide, hope it goes well
    I would talk to the camp leaders - is this with the Prince's Trust? They are used to working with young people and I am sure they have had guests with similar needs to your own before. A quick phonecall to the people in charge should put your mind at rest and I am sure they will be able to suggest a way to dispose of your pads; they will likely have a solution already in place as you are unlikely to be the first guest who wets the bed. If you are unable to talk to them before you leave then I would bring a supply of plastic bags, enough for one per diaper, and then ask a leader how you may dispose of them. There will be some form of rubbish disposal available - at the very least they will have had girls who need to dispose of sanitary items and will have something in place for that.

Good luck and enjoy camp - I'm sure you will have an amazing time. :)

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess
    I would talk to the camp leaders - is this with the Prince's Trust? They are used to working with young people and I am sure they have had guests with similar needs to your own before. A quick phonecall to the people in charge should put your mind at rest and I am sure they will be able to suggest a way to dispose of your pads; they will likely have a solution already in place as you are unlikely to be the first guest who wets the bed. If you are unable to talk to them before you leave then I would bring a supply of plastic bags, enough for one per diaper, and then ask a leader how you may dispose of them. There will be some form of rubbish disposal available - at the very least they will have had girls who need to dispose of sanitary items and will have something in place for that.

Good luck and enjoy camp - I'm sure you will have an amazing time.
    Yeah it is with Prince's Trust
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.