View RSS Feed

stunner

Chat Age Groups ~ an Idea

Rate this Entry
First off I'd like to say thanks for clickie'ing on this little blog post of mine (hopefully I'll have more of these up in the future).

This has been a subject I've had rolling around my head for a while, and I just can't stop pondering it. What are those of us, to do without chat buddies our age? I know that may sound silly, but I think most of us would like a chat room where we can find a chat buddy within our biological age range, just to go to for support now and again. I know there's the adoption thread posted somewhere on here, but I think we need more of an age by age adoption chat. What we need is a chat where Caretakers/Cubs/AB's etc. can actually get to know one another before continuing to share messenger info or dedicate themselves to a role in their spare time. A place to post an intro, to connect in a innocent roleplay, and start little chats, is precisely what I had in mind.

I may start up a Thread about this at a later time if I get decent feed back. What I wanna know from you guys is: What do you want out of chat? What are you looking for in chat buddies? Would it be easier to confide in someone your own age?

I just bring all this up because I'm trying to make ADISC a safer place for everyone to take care of all their little or otherwise support needs. Please respond here if you'd like something to be discussed, remember you have to speak up if you ever want to change the way things are.

Just a side note: The roles we create for each other are as just as much ourselves as the rest of us, let's show some personal respect and actually create bond's with each other before automatically becoming someones caretaker or charge.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It probably wouldn't work, IMO. Next to all people here on ADISC are usually considerate about problems and such, remember age=/=brains.

Also, it sounds more like you're trying to meet new people like a dating site. Therefore, wouldn't also work out.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber
    It probably wouldn't work, IMO. Next to all people here on ADISC are usually considerate about problems and such, remember age=/=brains.

Also, it sounds more like you're trying to meet new people like a dating site. Therefore, wouldn't also work out.
    I totally understand the angle your coming from, maybe I wasn't clear enough in my original post. I was just trying to point out that there's different levels of communication between different age groups (trust me dude, I've taken so many psychology courses my brain hurts). It can also be difficult to understand anthers viewpoint with a sizable age gap between the two, that was really all I was trying to say.
    In no way at all was I trying to make this sound like a suggestion for a meet up board or anything like that. Once again sorry for the confusion. ~stunner
    It's a good idea in theory, it could easily be abused in practice. Creating an area, for, say, teens age 13-17 could easily be infiltrated by some joe schmoe pedo bear claiming to be within that age group. At the same time, people of that age group tend to make up tall tales about their lives and how they've been babied by their family, ETC ETC. Trust me on this, I know from experience.

Obviously those people would be told to GTFO, but that's besides the point. If it were to be implemented, it would still have flaws.

I actually get along with people who're older than me, for the most part. Me and Peachy are real tight, but there's still a large age gap. Obviously I could just go into another chat to talk with him, but... that defeats the purpose.

There are also times when our generation (The younger) tends to confuse things, and we /do/ wind up getting told something important by the older generations (I.E the 20-30 / 30-40 year group).

It's a double edged sword, but it's still a nice idea at heart.
    Mikeru couldn't have said it any better.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.