View RSS Feed

An ode to you, elderly woman behind the counter.

Rate this Entry
I want to thank you, although you may never set your eyes upon this article.

By now, I'm sure you know something is up. What "average" 18 year old boy comes into your place of occupation and consistently leaves with a babyish purchase in hand.

You must think that I have troubles at home, perhaps a pregnant girlfriend whom I am trying to support. Or maybe not, perhaps you are wise beyond your years and know that the modern world is a rapidly changing place with lots of awkward quirks to be had.

Although I am the one consistently purchasing your goods, you are the consistent one. Never have I felt awkward purchasing that sippy cup with the bold word "Baby" on it, nor have I felt awkward while purchasing that plethora of pacifiers from the back wall. When you are behind that counter, smiling back at me, I know that things are going to go well.

So, this is my thank you to you. Thank you for giving me an environment where I can purchase a decent pacifier for $1.50, and still have enough change from my broken 5 to go ahead and buy that bottle with all of the baby giraffes on it. Thank you.

Wow good blog. I think that woman would be proud to read this if she could.
    Interesting subject. I'm pretty laid back about my purchases these days but I don't think I'd be comfortable buying from the same person multiple times. Heck, I don't even care for that kind of thing much when I'm buying everyday stuff. Anyway, enjoy your purchases
    This really seems like and O'Captain my Captain moment. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.