View RSS Feed

Gingy

Came out to my parents (sexuality)

Rate this Entry
I came out to my parents yesterday (about my sexuality) by letter. I emailed it to them, and went to the mall for the day with my friends.
Here's the message:

I came home, and they were all very accepting and told me the only thing they're worried about is me getting hurt by somebody.
They did ask some weird questions...
‎"So, are you like, aroused by boys?" -Dad. "Well, that's what gay means" -Me.
"So have Nikolai and you....." -Dad. "No. No. Not at all...." -Me. (Nikolai is my friend...)
"I'm not aroused by all boys, like you're not aroused by all women" -Me. "Well, I am aroused by all women..." -Dad.

All in all, it was a great success.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

congrats! Very happy for you!
    I've received a coming out letter before (from a friend) and I can't imagine they're easy to write. I'm very glad for you to hear that it was well received. Don't expect miracles from your parents in terms of not asking dumb questions (like the above) but it sounds to me like they'll get there. I hope things continue to go well
    I'm very glad it went well. All the best.
    "I am aroused by all women"- made of win.

Nah, but seriously, congrats bro. I came out to my parents when I was 11 or 12. A lot of crying was involved, mostly from me xD Glad you were able to come out like you did :3
    Thanks!
    Wow, 11? That's early. I'd imagine most parents would think you're just going through a phase.
    congrats
    Your dad succeeded in making me laugh

Anyway, congratulation on coming out to your parents - I'm glad that on balance it went well
    congratulations, that was a really good letter i think i should have done the same thing.
    This blog owns. Major congrats for your courage
    That started like a friggin' suicide letter.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.