View RSS Feed

Apexxx

Starving for a good cause.

Rate this Entry
Hello Everyone!

Today at 8:30am, I completed something that I had never thought I would ever do. My school was holding a famine, starting Thursday midnight, until Saturday morning (about 30 hours). The school decided to organize some activities to do overnight, since we were not aloud to leave the school after having arrived at 5:00pm on Friday. The entry fees are going to be given away to the "Save the Children" charity, so they can buy food for starving kids around the world.

Now, I never would have done this if it wasn't for my friends. They dragged me into it, but at the same time, I was curious to see if I could last that long without food. It turned out to be a lot of fun, as there were fun group games being played, scary movies to watch, and even a Wii to play! It seemed that I had forgotten all about my growling stomach throughout the evening and felt good that I had completed the challenge, not eating a single bite. I would like to encourage anybody in or out of school to try this kind of thing some time. Gather some friends, have some fun, and save some lives
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I had every intention of fasting for lent this year, only eating after dark, and not eating meat, dairy or grain products. I was really looking forward to it, but was quite sick at the start of lent and I'm waiting for my body to build up a bit before I do anything
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.