View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

Moving.

Rate this Entry
Yeah, I'm going to be relocating to a different apartment in a couple of months.

I'll most likely have to find a room to rent for a little while until I can save up enough for a deposit and first month's rent for another apartment of my own.

Ever since I lost my last job, money has been a lot tighter, and I came to the realisation that I really can no longer afford to spend $630 a month for rent on my one-bedroom place. That's considerably more than half of my fixed income.

My mother thinks I am being impulsive and selfish when I say that I am moving out of this apartment complex (because my grandmother lives in the same complex, she thinks I am abandoning my family). She clearly does not understand that I no longer have the money to stay here for much longer.

Add in the fact that the landlord has every intention of raising my rent when the lease renews in May. Yeah, really.

It's no big deal that I am going to have to move (I figured it was going to come to this point some time ago). My family is complaining to me about how relocating to another apartment complex in town is going to be a "big mistake", but they aren't willing to help me pay the rent here, so they really have no right to make that call. I don't need their help in the move - I have plenty of friends now that are willing to help me in this undertaking. I think, subliminally, my family is jealous that all of my attention is being directed towards the AA circles these days. Some of them are complaining that I am going to "too many meetings", that I have "joined a cult", etc.....

Ah, well.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, to be plainly honest, AA groups do seem very 'cult' like to me... It was brought up jokingly in an episode of south park. I think it was "Bloody Marry," where Randy gets drunk and has to go to AA meetings and stuff. That said, the idea of helping people get over alcoholism is a noble one, and I can respect it and commend those who're trying to change their lives around. I do think that you can get too much of a good thing, but you don't seem out of sorts to me. Then again, I'm just some random dude on 't3h 1nt3rw3bz' so what do I know.

Moving onto the main stuff here...

I think your family is being generally stupid. If you've explained to them that you don't have the money to stay there, it's tough shit for them. And if your grandpa is in the same complex, but not in the same apartment as you, who the hell cares? What's stopping you from driving on over whenever he needs something from you?

Still, good luck with all that stuff.

[B][U][I]-Mikey[/I][/U][/B]
    yeah, more than 50% of your income is way too much. the typical rule of thumb is that if you're paying more than 25-30% then you're never going to be able to keep to your budget.

i had to move into a cheaper place last year. fortunately it's also a much nicer place. my advice is to take the time to find a home you can really be happy in. if it takes weeks or months of scouring craig's list it's worth it if you wind up with a home that makes you happy.
    You gotta do what you gotta do. They don't pay the rent, and they don't keep you away from the bottle.

Yes, family is important and I'm sure you continue to help your grandmother as needed, but they have to stop living vicariously through you.
    Now my mother is claiming that she will give me $100 a month to cover extra expenses. She is getting all hysterical, claiming that it would be a "major mistake" if I moved into a different place. She is coming up with a half-billion bullshit reasons as to why my relocation would be a disaster, but we both know the real reason she does not want me to move is because grandma is living in the same apartment complex as I am, and she feels that my moving would be an act of selfish abandonment no matter what the circumstances are. Ack.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.