View RSS Feed

Transmissions From Within A Cloud Of Absinthe

Who needs drugs when you've got good tunes

Rate this Entry
I was digging through some albums that I hadn't listened to for a while, and stumbled across my Bob Dylan collection. It's now 5 hours later and I'm still groovin' to Dylan. Like A Rolling Stone, Hurricane, Subterranean Homesick Blues, these and others made up the soundtrack of my life when I was a ski-bum. Me, a couple of old hippies, a sunny deck, and a round of hefeweizen. Life was good.
As of right now I can't believe I ever stopped listening to the man. Yeah, life moves on, and I had to start being a responsible adult, but that is a really sad excuse for why I put him down. There's just something about this music, you can just lay on the rug listening for hours and have no concept of time or the world around you, becoming one with the notes and harmonies. And though I may be alone in my dorm, no deck, no hippies, and no hefeweizen, life is still good.

I remember when I truly discovered rock music. I was attending a summer sports camp during the day, as a leader/helper type person. My dad gave me a CD he'd gotten out of the newspaper for free, and loaned me his personal CD player to listen to it on, and I loved it. I honestly didn't sleep for three days just listening to the CD over and over again.

I don't understand why it affected me so much, but I can totally understand where you're coming from on the 'drug-like' affect of music. I'm glad you've rediscovered Dylan - he's awesome - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.