View RSS Feed

Weightloss Blog

Rate this Entry
Well, at the start of the new year, my wife and I have both decided to make some major changes in our life, and lose weight. We both want to have a baby, but right now are too fat too. (Not going to be PC here.)

In any event, at January 1st, I weighted 305 lbs. Since then I have removed foods with high fat, carbohydrates etc, and have been eating mostly unprocessed foods, sticking with lean protean and bags of frozen vegetables. Rice every so often.

Since the 1st of January, I have lost 20 lbs. My goal is to weigh 260 by April 1st, then start the P90X exercise routine.

Right now, I work out on the elliptical 5 days a week for 30+ minutes a day. 3 days a week I lift weights before or after I am done with the elliptical. Saturdays I have started swimming laps. (In scuba gear, even with a wet suit and 40+lb of lead weight, it is less exhausting the free swimming)

So for myself I am going to try to update this blog weekly with my progress. Here's hoping I can fit into medium diapers by the end of the summer.....

... what the shit?

You must have eaten like a damn pig before January 1st! You're nearly at a pound a day of total loss... some of this is going to be water-weight, but this is still a very high figure.
    Good for you. You're about to hit a critical point in the process. Over the years, I've noticed that the New Year's resolutionaries all disappear from the Y pool by Valentine's Day.
    Don't know if I ate like a damn pig or not, but the stuff I was eating couldn't have been healthy for me. I think I was eating 3000+ calories a day, and right now I average around 1200 calories or less. One thing that has helped is my rice cooker at work. I am able to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts and steam frozen vegetable for lunch. Breakfast consists of a half serving of oatmeal, and an egg.

I don't expect my weight loss to proceed as fast as it has been. Yesterday at the gym lifted first, then 30 minutes on the exercise bike since all the elliptical machines were taken. I can now do 40 minutes on the elliptical, but after 30 minutes on the bike my legs were shaking. Maybe it was because I lifted first.

Current weight as of this morning: 285
    Loss of 20 lbs since January 1st
    Congrats on the new lifestyle! When a lot of people say they want to lose weight, they think of it as a process. It's good that you are making lifestyle changes. One thing I will say for other people reading this is if you want to lose weight, skipping meals is not the way to do it. Actually, if you skip eating you're more likely to gain weight. Just thought I'd post that fun little fact. Well, best of luck to you and your wife!
    look into drinking yerba mate
    Best of luck and hope you're still on track! I found your page because I searched for "weight loss". I am running a lot lately and am hoping to be able to fit into Goodnites eventually without having to use my arms to stretch them out first. One time I was a bit smaller and found that I could fit into a pack of small Walgreens-brand diapers that I got on clearance :-)

Again, hope you and your wife are still having a great time! - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.