View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

Poutine party!

Rate this Entry
For my six-month sobriety mark, I plan on having a poutine party at my place.

I've never had poutine before, so I have been looking at various recipes to try to come up with what would be the most appealing to me and my friends.

I don't imagine that making it would involve rocket science. Heh.

Anybody interested in coming over and having some?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Kaworu,

If I was near, I'd love to try some of your poutine! I had some when I went on vacation up in Quebec a few years ago, and while it's a rather simple combination, it's fantastic. I'm sure you'll get plenty of people who will be like, "WTF is Poutine!?", but if I could join you, I would!

Congratulations on your six month mark, friend!
    I can't come, but congrats on 6- month sobriety!
    :O Poutine is amazing!!
    1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I remember way back when you started this journey and 6 months seemed an eternity! Good for you
    2. What is poutine?
    Heh, don't congratulate me yet. There's still a couple of weeks between now and six months. This is what I plan on doing the very day of that mark, though. :P

Poutine is french fries drenched in gravy and covered in cheese curds. It's a Canadian staple, as it is too awesome for the bland Americans.
    So chips and cheese with gravy?

Ha!!! We eat that all the time! I can't believe you freaks have a proper name for it
    "Chips"! Talula, one of my best friends just moved back to the U.K. after living here in America for six years, and we were having a good laugh about the idea of an American going across the pond and asking for chips but getting fries instead of the crunchy snack-food we're so used to!

I'm so very excited to go visit him in August!
    Well, we're not as freaky as the folk who refer to french fries as "chips". So, there you have it.

I wouldn't want to eat poutine all the time. I lost 25 lbs in the last six months (since I stopped drinking), I really don't want to put it back on.
    Grats on your 6-months of sobriety! For a twist on the Poutine routine I recommend Pizza fries. Steak Fries + Marinara sauce + Mozzarella = Pizza fries. Bake it in a pan like some Baked Ziti and there ya go!
    Pizza fries sound too awesome for words. But it wouldn't be true pizza fries without pepperoni - can't have pizza without that essential ingredient. :P

Quote Originally Posted by KaworuVsDrWily
    Pizza fries sound too awesome for words. But it wouldn't be true pizza fries without pepperoni - can't have pizza without that essential ingredient. :P
    No law against Pepperoni Pizza fries

If you make some post a pic and/or description of how they turn out.
    Ahh, poutine - heart attack in a bowl, but oh so good. I was introduced to it on my first trip to Montreal in the early 90's, along with smoke-meat sandwiches. And you just can't find it the same anywhere else!
    Hey, congratulations on reaching the 6 month mark! I hope the next 6 months is easier for you to stay sober, and the 1 year mark comes easy!

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl
    Ahh, poutine - heart attack in a bowl, but oh so good.
    I have given up alcohol and weed roughly six months ago.

A couple of months ago, I have given up high-fructose corn syrup and anything with hydrogenated oils in it.

I can make poutine without those two last things in it. It may not be authentic, but then again, the people who will be eating this with me have never been to Canada, so......

I think I can afford an indulgence like this at this point. I just have to remember not to make it a daily thing.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.