View RSS Feed

The life and mind of Takashi Morinosuka

A Thought

Rate this Entry
Gay people are forbiden from adopting children in Florida but there is no law that says that a gay couple can't have a serigent mother have their child.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wouldn't that leave only one of the partner as the father, tough?
    ^Yeah, that's true. But if you love your child, should it really matter whether or not they're biologically related to you? I'm sure there'll be some sort of gene-splicing procedure in the future that can be done in the future, though. I know they've successfully combined the chromosomes of two female rats before, so it can't be too much of a stretch to combine 1/2 Y1, 1/2 Y2 and an X.

Surrogate motherhood is one of those things that I'd totally agree to if a good friend asked me to. It'd have to be in-vitro because my fallopian tubes have a lot of scar tissue around them, but my eggs are still good and I... don't want kids. (Waste not; Want not.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume
    ^Yeah, that's true. But if you love your child, should it really matter whether or not they're biologically related to you? I'm sure there'll be some sort of gene-splicing procedure in the future that can be done in the future, though. I know they've successfully combined the chromosomes of two female rats before, so it can't be too much of a stretch to combine 1/2 Y1, 1/2 Y2 and an X.

Surrogate motherhood is one of those things that I'd totally agree to if a good friend asked me to. It'd have to be in-vitro because my fallopian tubes have a lot of scar tissue around them, but my eggs are still good and I... don't want kids. (Waste not; Want not.)
    I meant from a legal point of view. When a gay couple adopts a child, both partners are legally the child's father, but in this situation the biological father would, legally speaking, be the child's only parent.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.