View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

Forgiveness

Rate this Entry
At this point, I can honestly say that I have forgiven those who have wronged me in the past.

It took some realizations.

One is that everybody has dirt on his heart and mind. Some people are better equipped to deal with it than others. But it is inevitable - the mere process of a man living his life means that he will hurt other men no matter what happens. Some people fuck up worse than others, but we all fuck up.

Another is that the only people the resentments were hurting was myself. Everybody else has likely gone on with their lives while I kept the sting fresh within my soul.

Knowing this, I was able to make the first steps in letting go of the rage that was eating me up inside. Also, I had to acknowledge that in most cases where I held resentments, I did play a major part in the situations that led to things being that way. When I was a young child, there were times when I was a helpless victim. When I got older, that was not necessarily the case.

The first person I had to forgive was myself. And that was the toughest step in the process.

Yeah, I will still get pissed off at others at times. But while pain is mandatory, suffering is optional. I need to be wary of resentments growing in myself, and stop them before they fully develop.

Heh.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

And now for something completely different:

Also, this is all good news! Forgiveness is very yes, and condusive to healthy relationships and existance!
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.