View RSS Feed

mummy9meena

learning disability

Rate this Entry
ok lots of people hath a learning disability.and i am happy how i spell carl nos what i am saying.so just YES i got a learning disability:x
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Mummy Meena,

Don't worry, you are not the only person on this website who has a learning difficulty which makes them find spelling and writing difficult. Unfortunately lots of the people on this website find it difficult, frustrating or both to read posts where the spelling, punctuation or grammar is not of a high standard. This doesn't mean you should give up posting though.

However, you may find you get more responses to your posts if you try to take a little more care over your posts. Do you have a spell-checker you can use to check the spelling of your posts? That may help to correct a few of the errors before you post. Hopefully as well if you try to ignore the mean comments people make and keep persevering with the forums you will find that people come to understand that you have a difficulty with your spelling and should start to look beyond that. Unfortunately it seems it takes some members longer than others to do that, but it will come!

Don't feel disheartened or that you are not welcome here just because of your learning disability - that is certainly not the case! To help integrate yourself into the forums a little you might also like to browse some of the threads started by members in the other threads and see if there are any questions people have asked or topics people have brought up that you may be able to contribute your opinion on. Replying on the threads and blogs that others make, as well as starting your own, is a really good way to become part of the community.

Anyway, I'm glad the people who had negative things to say about you haven't driven you away!
    Jess
    lol
    Wait... are you saying you have a learning disability just because... oh hell it isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeru117
    Wait... are you saying you have a learning disability just because... oh hell it isn't worth it.
    Whole. Leash. It. Stop the presses, we actually agree on something.
    be friendly all don't say anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper
    Whole. Leash. It. Stop the presses, we actually agree on something.
    [QUOTE=dcviper;bt16058]Whole. Leash. It. Stop the presses, we actually agree on something.[/QUOTE]

I know... it's scary. VERY scary. Are you thinking the same thing about the OP that I'm thinking?
    [QUOTE=HogansHeroes;bt16074]I have a guess...you think the OP is a double account of someone?[/QUOTE]

If you are accusing who I suspect (although perhaps wrongly) you may mean, just compare a couple of their posts. Whilst they both have difficulty spelling, and whilst this includes plenty of high frequency words, you'll see that the errors they make, where and how these errors occur and the strategies they use for spelling an unknown word appear to be quite different. In addition to this the way they articulate themselves, beyond their spelling and grammar, is really different too.

If you're not talking about who I think you are though, then just ignore me :)

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess
    If you are accusing who I suspect (although perhaps wrongly) you may mean, just compare a couple of their posts. Whilst they both have difficulty spelling, and whilst this includes plenty of high frequency words, you'll see that the errors they make, where and how these errors occur and the strategies they use for spelling an unknown word appear to be quite different. In addition to this the way they articulate themselves, beyond their spelling and grammar, is really different too.

If you're not talking about who I think you are though, then just ignore me
    Initially, yes, I did think it was who (I believe) you are referring to. However, before posting, I did compare the errors in their posts as well as their locations and came to conclusion that I was probably wrong. My post was intended to ask Mikeru117 if he was accusing the OP of having a double account. I can see, though, that my reply was unclear and leaves the impression that I think the OP is a double account, so I'll delete my reply. I apologize for my mistake.
    Updated 14-Nov-2010 at 21:17 by HogansHeroes
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.