View RSS Feed

[insert amazing blog title]

One of the strangest realizations I've had

Rate this Entry
So note, that I've been up for over 24 hours and counting, and I started thinking weird things (like I always do when lack of sleep is involved!) I totally realized that I'm turning 18 at the end of this month. It's not weird that I'm turning 18, but what I found odd was that it won't bring many changes for me. I've bought cigarettes, lotto tickets, stayed out past curfew, drank, partook in drugs both illegal(never moved past the so called "gateway drug") and legal, and done plenty of other things minors aren't allowed to do. I hang out with older folks (the average age of my friends is probably 20 or 21). The only real differences will be being able to vote and having to do all the army legal mumbo-jumbo.

In short I FEEL OLD! and it's a very weird feeling considering I'm 17. I actually discussed this with my madre who stated that I was born with an old soul. While I totally agree with her, it's strange to think back to some of my childhood memories and remember some the stuff that existed back then and has either disappeared or grown into something else (I remember when Napster came out and was still illegal!). It's also strange to think about why an "old soul" does all the activities of normal teenage boy... Ah, the old days of my youth, down at the river where I would often spend summers with my family doing stuff....I'm getting way off track.

I know I did a ton of growing up when I went abroad for 4 months. Lots of life lessons and maturing happened, so much so that the effects were actually obvious to myself. And it's weird to think "Oh well that happened just last year..." because it seems so distant from the present, but in reality it's so damn close to the present! All of my memories seem like they happened forever ago, but I can recall many of them off the top of my head. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even living in the present, but instead I'm just some elderly man watching my life like it's an ongoing television show.

I'm not sure if there are any other "old souls" or "experienced souls "(it sounds nicer than OLD) that feel the same way, but all I'm saying is that it's a different experience to sit down for a few hours and just look back on your life and reflect.

Comments - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.