View RSS Feed

matt1989

I can't not belief Thar making another fucking jackass move

Rate this Entry
Thar making another jackass plies tall me that Thar is not that minny stopped people out Thar that would think this is funny. I don't think I'm being stuck up I watch shows like family guy but jack ass is not funny in my book well sum one plies tall me that I not the only one to think so.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well, they'll keep making them as long as people keep purchasing tickets. The new Jackass movie did gross $50 million on opening weekend.

It seems like millions have people have lost the will to watch movies that stimulate their intelligence or imagination.
    You guys are crazy lol taking things way to seriously the pranks/stupid stunts on jackass are holarious and i enjoy them. :P
    Just because that's your opinion, doesn't make it correct.

I consider myself to be relatively intelligent, I can't understand the mindset of the people that make these movies, but I still enjoy the completely ridiculous situations they put themselves in. I also enjoy intelligent movies as well, so I think the original poster and the first comment are being extremely judgemental, which is very sad considering the community you're participating in here.

Personally I value freedom of expression, and that includes expression in nearly any form. I also value the freedom of choice. Like you, I have the option to not watch things that don't interest me. Unlike you I will not ridicule, name call or judge people who's interests differ from mine.

Get over yourself.
    Smurf, you do realize that in the US, a film like "Jackass" makes $50 million, while something that is actually quality filmmaking like "Let Me In" barely sold any tickets?

Forgive me if my comments are judgemental (yeah, you're right, they really are). On that note, I will continue with my judgemental comments. If there really was a market in the States for intelligent filmmaking, we would have more quality cinema in the multiplexes instead of stuff like Jackass/Saw/anything Will Ferrel/Hannah Montana/Avatar (yes, I thought that film was pretty stupid, too)...... I wish I were alive in the days when films like "Taxi Driver" and "Saturday Night Fever" were making decent ticket sales, but those days are long gone.
    Personally I see narrow minded and judgemental ways of thought like yours to be a far bigger problem with this world then Jackass making 50 million dollars.

I do agree that mankind has a long way to go, but your comments are only additional evidence to support that.

Life is short Kaworu, and personally I am going to spend it to doing the things that make me and the others around me happy. If those same things don't make you happy, then don't participate, it's that simple.
    Yeah, spend your time doing the things that make you and the others around you happy. I am certain that does not include arguing with film snobs. I know I am a judgmental snob when it comes to cinema, and I am more than content to be that way. And frankly, my film snobbery does not affect the world around me one bit. Other people are going to watch what they want to watch, and it really is not up to me to stop them, and to even try to do so would be wrong on so many levels.

Jackass making 50 million dollars is no big deal - really. It is another in the long lines of disposable films that were made to get big bucks on opening weekend, but are eventually forgotten as the years pass by. Does anybody even quote "Ace Ventura" anymore, despite all the money it made?

I am participating in film snobbery because that is a part of who I am. The only people it is hurting are people who choose to be hurt by it, and that is a foolish choice for anybody to make. I read film reviews from many critics, and I do appreciate even the ones I disagree with strongly. You can disagree with me all you want, and you are right, I am judgmental (all film snobs are). But using that as evidence that mankind has a long way to go in a world where people often kill each other for no reason is not really all that strong of an argument.
    It's fine to be particular about things, I have no issue with that. I am personally very particular with my tastes as well (musical, entertainment, etc).

It's the calling people stupid bit and general inability/unwillingness to see things from someone elses perspective that aggravates me. My comments are more directed at the general idea of the original blog post, not you directly, but comments like:

"plies tall me that Thar is not that minny stopped people out Thar that would think this is funny"
    and
    "It seems like millions have people have lost the will to watch movies that stimulate their intelligence or imagination. "

are pretty unnecessary and in my opinion, it's this frame of mind that really needs to change.
    Point taken. I guess the fact that I actually do know of people who have no desire whatsoever to watch intelligent movies (*cough* half my family *cough*) is no excuse for me to make such a blanket statement like the one you quoted. Heh, I love my family anyway, most of them are good people. and just because they have a different taste in film than I do does not make them inferior beings. And frankly, they can say the same thing about some of the movies I choose to watch - I hate Jackass, but I am an expert of '70s exploitation / grindhouse cinema. "Cannibal Holocaust" is one of my top-10 favorite movies of all-time, and it proudly sits on my DVD rack in a spot that is just before "Casablanca" (yeah, I alphabeticalize my DVD collection).

Yeah, I officially retract that comment now.
    Updated 23-Oct-2010 at 22:47 by KaworuVsDrWily
    I don't think I'm being judgemental and the people that know me well tall you that im not.
    I just think people hurting each other and doing stuff like that as not a move I can see that sum people well say otherwise and tha got Thar rite to share Thar opened just like im am doing now but I still think jacass is stopped and that what I think
    Frankly, I like watching these movies just for the fact that I find it funny that there are people out there that [i]actually[/i] do that stuff. Moreover, I have no sympathy for those who would venture to emulate the movie. If they get hurt, they deserve what they get. And... If they manage to kill themselves in the process of the movie making, then there will be fewer idiots populating the world. Win, win.

As to how they have not managed to run out of things to do... Human stupidity knows no bounds.
    jackass sucks as does family guy

they're both terrible

also for everyone complaining about how jackass makes 49024893 billion and how indie movies only make $2 and a handful of lint, then welcome to mainstream hollywood. People don't want well thought-out films, they want the same animated pixar crap and retarded "ACTION THRILLER" films starring all the hasbeen celebrities who are certain that there's some sort of hexadecimal times you can whip a dead horse and it'll suddenly come back to life
    I deugary with you on family guy but like I said that's what I think.
    but ya I just think jackass is flat out stopped mite as well just have 2 mane kicking each other in the boll's for three hower's
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.