View RSS Feed

Guineapigged

Bad days.

Rate this Entry
The bad days are creeping back into my life. It probably doesn't help that I am terribly inconsistant with my medications. I'll go to the doctor, demand he cancels my prescriptions and gets me off this crap, then return in tears half an hour later. Or, like last night, I'll watch a documentary about how psychiatry is all fake and even though I'm aware it's heavily biased, I never want to take another pill again.
CBT is doing nothing for me either which makes me feel kind of doomed. I have to choose to be happy. I have to want to make myself better. There is no magic cure, no surgery, no wonder drug.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

CBT and psychoactive drugs often work hand-in-glove, with the latter enabling the former, which in turn permits organic change to occur.

The net result? No drugs in the long-term future. Psychoactive drugs are a means to the end of putting you in a position where you can start to turn things around, be it through clinical or self-intervention.

I'm not sure what's going on, but if everyone is telling you a different story than you think exists (e.g. that you're going downhill), then this may itself be a sign that you're somewhat out of touch with reality and your place within it.

Bluntly:

Drugs --> Functioning --> Therapy --> Behavior modification --> Attitude modification --> Organic recovery.

I have to choose to be happy. I have to want to make myself better. There is no magic cure, no surgery, no wonder drug.
    and that is the only true way out of things like this

once you start doing that, miraculously you start to inch your way out of it, because I know I did when I realised that the only way out of this was the hard way.

most people just seem to think you can just pop a pill and it'll sort all the trouble out for you but that is never the case. Sure, pills might help with an underactive thyroid gland or some random chemical problem in your brain but it won't sort out all the thought processes that lead to all the problems and thats what a lot of depressed etc. people don't seem to realise, that you're going to have to have a massive restructuring project in your brain to sort a lot of this kind of thing out.
    The troublesome thing is that to get hold of that initial spark to get yourself out of it can be difficult.

In fact, quite a few of them just think that it's "cute" to be depressed/suffering from something and they wallow in it for sympathy points as opposed to just getting on with it, which drives me absolutely insane sometimes. I know people who seem to parade what they think is depression or even some borderline aspergers (which is really just token social shyness and not aspergers at all) about the place and use it as a status kind of symbol and they make up countless excuses for themselves as to why they can't ever do anything about it instead of, you know, actually wanting to get better.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.