View RSS Feed

The Randomicity of a SuperDan...

Not That My Opinion Counts For Anything...

Rate this Entry
... But this forum is pissing me right off.

I fancy having my say, like so many others have already done.

There are several threads/Blogs bemoaning the 'decline in quality' of ADISC; the influx of useless and frustrating Newbies, issues with the Higher Powers etc.

Frankly, however, all the in-fighting, bitching, and metaphorical whisperings that have followed are spoiling the mood that the very same people claim to want on the forum.

You're all making it very difficult for a new member to settle in when a lot of conversations and cliques exist beyond their reach and it's pretty unsettling to see other members yo-yoing back and forth between being banned or not, or being spoken of as a martyr, hero or People's Champion.

It's all so ridiculous.

There is an atmosphere around here and it's painful. It's obvious but largely unexplained.

Now forum politics aren't my thing, but I would like to know what has gone on, if only to feel included. It seems, however, you have to be part of the gang, or have to have been there, to know any details, so...

I shall doubtless continue on in ignorance.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

you should start to worry when people start to cover up whats going on in any sort of situation
    ignorance is bliss, believe me. the faster people forget, the faster this turmoil ends.
    Hehe, so naive.

In a year, come back and read this blog. You'll be amazed how much you've changed.

Most of the stuff that gos on with this site is discussed in real time in the IRC. It is open to everyone. Then people break off and make their own channels in the IRC so they can talk with just their friends. That's usually where talks about how the site is that would be considered "drama" occur. When danny posted his thread, anyone was free to join the channel where we talked about what was going on without getting banned.
    I feel exactly the same way at the moment. Every other blog seems to be a dramatic farewell.
    Well cheers Zeph I kinda suspected it was in IRC... Sadly, I miss all the fun, because of the timezones and my sensible bedtime

And to quickly dabble my big toe in the "me-me-me" spotlight for a moment, I don't think I'll be here in a year!

Guineapigged: Yay! I mean, I never claimed to speak for anyone else, so I'm pleased it's not just me!
    [QUOTE=DanDanSuperman;bt14089]Well cheers Zeph ;) I kinda suspected it was in IRC... Sadly, I miss all the fun, because of the timezones and my sensible bedtime :biggrin:

And to quickly dabble my big toe in the "me-me-me" spotlight for a moment, I don't think I'll be here in a year!

Guineapigged: Yay! I mean, I never claimed to speak for anyone else, so I'm pleased it's not just me![/QUOTE]

The IRC is fairly active at every time during summer. It's only in the last two weeks that things have died down, and that's only between like 2AM-7AM, and 9AM-2PM. (EDT)
    No kidding. I've tried it numerous times these past few weeks and there've been about two people talking. At best. Never mind. I shall cease and desist

Welcome back, by the way, if I remember rightly that you have recently been one such disappearing act...?
    Because I've been at the front lines, so to speak. I, also, am aware that I only get parts of the whole story, but I AM aware that the things you claim to make the site good (atmosphere and such) are in decline. By a lot. It's not too late to fix, but it took a kick in the pants for Moo to see how bad it had gotten. So yes, it makes things uncomfortable for newbs, but it is a necessary set back. It's kind of like investing money. At first you need to give money, but you hope that the return is better. So we are losing a few old members, and younger members are disliking this, or not joining at all. If nothing happens, a large chunk of the old members would have left. and the new members wouldn't experience ANY of the atmosphere you claim to have thought was so good.
    wow, that's a very interesting read, a message from an observer is one that can be trusted.
    Fair reasoning, I guess.

Reminds me of this...

The drama happened mostly out of sight in private unofficial channels. The actual politics happened mostly out of sight in private official channels, including PM, private IRC conversations, and likely in a great deal of staff forum discussion.

Those who "rebelled" will say that they were the reason changes happened. As someone who knows more about how the politics actually played out than almost anyone, I will counter that it is more complicated than such a simple cause-effect paradigm.
    Well thankyou for taking the time to explain as much.

At least now I might have a better chance of understanding/believing/participating in such things.

All seems a little over-the-top to me, but people have been adamant that there's a problem, so... I only hope things ARE changing, and the forum finds a way to please more people, more of the time.

It ain't fair to either the new OR the old for it to be in this state.
    kind of off-topic, but doesn't that woman in the video look like sarah palin?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphacore
    kind of off-topic, but doesn't that woman in the video look like sarah palin?
    Yes, yes she does. This was pre-campaign, I believe, so... What she chooses to do in her spare time is no-one's business but her own!
    "for the greater good", that would answer a lot of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy
    I other words: You can't really reasonably expect to understand what was going on. For the time being, you're condemned to be a bystander
    I disagree. There is no good reason why someone can't explain the situation to those who ask, much like NutFreeFruitcake has to this Blog.

I feel it at least then affords newer members the chance to understand more of the forum and the state it is in, and contribute to their deciding to stay or not.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.