View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

Update and explanation

Rate this Entry
Now I might as well explain what the last blog was about.

That very day, I went to see my new doctor. I made the appointment three months prior to that, and the receptionist told me all sorts of lies to get me in the door. "Yes, I know you are on Medicare, that you will need help getting your medications, and this doctor will help you will all of that." Turns out when I actually saw the doctor, he told me he was unable to help me with anything, and that he can't even take me as a patient because I was on Medicare (despite the fact that I paid for that appointment out of my own pocket). Seeing as I was left with only six days of medication (which meant I only had six days to find a new doctor that actually was able to help me), I figured I was completely fucked and that the situation was hopeless. So, I had a major meltdown starting the second I walked out of that doctor's office and continuing until I finally got some sleep several hours later.

The situation has improved since then. My grandmother recently found me a doctor using her connections (she used to be a nurse). So, all is not hopeless at this point.

Understand that going off my meds completely is a very scary thought to me.

Well, that is all.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hopefully there is intervention coming for you yet. Either way--if you get your meds or if you do not--this is an indictment of the US healthcare system as it stands.

I'm beside myself with irritation. : |
    What are you talking about, our system is fine, we shouldn't help leeches!

No, seriously though fuck US health care. No one should have to worry about being able to pay for their meds. People who need mental health treatment shouldn't be living in the streets for the sake of both themselves AND other (if you see a nutso homeless guy over 40 he probably has Reagan to partially thank for his situation). The most insulting part of all of it is that we frikken pay more overall for this crappy health care.

But you know, rich dignitaries occasionally come here for treatment so shit is fine.
    Where would I most like to get major surgery? USA. They have the best toys, and you won't die of infection in the hospital.

However, how often do I get major surgery? Also, major surgery would totally and completely bankrupt me, so I'll not be having it anyway.

So, barring this approach, where would I like to get regular and routine health-care? Not the USA. Too expensive, as you pointed out, and they want to run EVERY test under the sun for a sore throat. To not do so may open the office up to litigation (e.g. malpractice). : /
    ^^
    Updated 27-Aug-2010 at 18:16 by h3g3l (double-post.)
    I agree with foxy on everything. I just don't like re-typing what has already been said.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.