View RSS Feed

need some advice.

Rate this Entry
Lately ive been thinking I may need to come out of the closet about things. I dont know if ill come clean about the diapers, but I want to come clean to them about my religion. My parents are Christian and they both have strong faiths in the church but after a while I just started to find everything the church said hard to believe, and now ive decided to turn to agnosticism. This has been my religion for a little more than half a year, and I feel like eventually my parents are going to find out, so I feel like im going to need to come out of the closet about this. Im sure there are other people here who have had a similiar situation. Should I do this? If I do what should I say? I just feel like if I dont try to get this off my back, they will eventually find out and I feel like Ill be the disappointment of the family. Any advice will do, just as long as you try to help me out. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read what I have to say.

How understanding are your parents? Do they let their faith in God blind them to reason? Also, what denomination are your parents? These are some things you have to consider. If your parents are of some of the more hard-core Christian denominations, like Baptists, or hard-core Catholics, I would NOT advise saying anything. Just hunker down until you can get out of there. I've dealt with religious zealots before, and if they're your parents, they might take it into their heads that you are 'under the influence of the devil' or some such nonsense, and it will only make things worse for you.

I'm not sure how to advise you on this, but I would tread EXTREMELY lightly. If worse comes to worse, I would just hunker down for the next couple years, and then let your folks know when you're well away from them. Seriously. You [i]don't[/i] want to fuck with the uber religious types.
    i understand that. This is going to be tough, even if I do tell them its not like my problems will stop there. It may just make things worse but I feel I should at least try. And as for denomination im not to sure, they arent HARD CORE christians, but they do have strong belief. They dont go to church to much but they may try to get me to go more If I do tell them. They can be understanding but Im not sure how understanding they will be about religion. My guess is that they will do whatever they can to get me back into church and most likely be dissapointed in me for changing religions. I know that if I tell them they wont understand at first, I just hope if I do that some day they can see things my way you know.
    Well, first, I think you mean 'Agnostic Atheist'. Also, non-religion is not a religion. I feel it's important to get these correct when and if you decide to come out of the closet.

Good luck with it, by the way. I stopped believing when I was 15, but never told my parents. I just stopped going to church with them and they threw up a big ruckus about it. I don't consider myself catholic anymore, and they know that, but they don't know I'm an agnostic atheist.
    im Agnostic. I believe in a god just not a christian god. and maybe your right. Maybe I should just stay in the closet about this. I mean i still have my whole life ahead of me. It would most likely be a bad idea to tell them.
    You're not agnostic.

Not having a religion is not the same as being an Agnostic. (Is Agnostic even a label you can apply to yourself? All it means is a claim to not knowing.) - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.