View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

Damn this!

Rate this Entry
It appears that I caught another bug. Woke up this morning, with my sinuses irritating the hell out of me. At least I don't feel anything in my chest this time around.....

It seems like everybody in my family has come down or is coming down with a bug of some kind these days. Hell, even a few people in my AA homegroup have been sick in the last couple of weeks (although they seem to have come down with that when I was not going to those meetings because I was dealing with a lung infection of my own).

A lot of different bugs are going around these days. And it's happening DURING FUCKING SUMMER, of all the times of the year! When I want to go outside to play or hike. Heh.

Oh, on another note, I am now 16 days sober. It's been a tough 16 days. I really do not want to drink, but the physical cravings are very much still there. Yesterday was tough in particular - all I could think about was pounding a couple fifths of bourbon, no matter how hard I tried to distract myself. I ended up purchasing a couple of video games instead, which left me with no cash to buy bourbon - that did not help much with the cravings, though.

Well, I am feeling somewhat better today when it comes to the cravings - and worse today because of my sinuses. Ah, well, this is just not my weekend.

But at least the last week went very well for me for the most part. So not everything is bad. I am starting to develop a decent RL social life for the first time in my life, so I am very happy about that.

I'll end this here. I hope your weekend is better than mine!

While I can't personally share your pain about getting sober, my dad has gone through it. He describes it as one of the hardest things he's ever had to force himself to do... I can't know with any certainty how difficult it actually is, but it sounds very challenging, so kudos for making it to 16 days. Hopefully it gets easier with time.

And as to having a bug during the summer, my dad has one right now too. Odd that he's coming up on both topics here...
    Yeah, everybody in AA that I talked with yesterday said that dealing with the cravings was extremely tough. At least they were all glad that I spent my cash on games instead of bourbon. In a way, I am glad I did that, as well, even though I am complaining like a junkie who is not getting his fix (which is pretty much what I am at this point).

I'll feel better eventually, and the craving situation will subside somewhat. If I am to believe the other AAers, this is something I will have to deal with for quite some time, but things will improve. I have no reason not to believe them. Heh.

So, what games did I pick up? I purchased Wet for $15, and I also purchased 1600 Microsoft points so that I could download Monday Night Combat. I guess I'll dive into those games today. Hell, if anybody wants to play Monday Night Combat with me, I'm open to it. Or Castlevania - Harmony of Despair - every time I land a party in that game, it disbands before the fifth chapter. :-S

Thanks for the support, Maytricks! I hope your dad starts feeling better soon.
    Congratulations so far on the 16 days and hope you feel better with both the cravings and the bug you have. That sucks .
    Man all these bugs suck! Congrates on the 16 days!
    Well, I slept most of yesterday, woke up at 5PM, ate dinner with my AA sponsor and went to a meeting with him. It was good to get out of my apartment for a few hours, that really lifted my spirits.

My spirits went straight downhill over the last few hours. I am coughing so hard that sleep is not a realistic option at the present moment. And I am running a temp of 101, again. This is just not my night.

In any case, continuing to whine about it won't do any good. I am sipping on juice and tea, taking Vitamin C capsules, and doing my best to recover. Heh. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.