View RSS Feed

KidJoey

Technology

Rate this Entry
If you could unplug for a day could you? Americans, and myself seem to be addicted to technology. Cell phones, the internet, and their computers seem to rule our daily life. I ask myself when did a computer replace human contact and emotion.

I donít know if you have asked yourself this? But if you could unplug yourself from technology for even just a day, could you? My day seems to be the same. I wake up check my e-mail. Then I visit various websites. Follow that by, me grabbing my cell phone and leaving for work. Facebook, twitter, MySpace, e-mail. They are all responsible for corrupting daily living.

What if we just left it all behind for a day? What about a week? Think about all the things you would get to see and notice. Instead of checking your friends Facebook page. Why not call them and simply say, hey how you are? We havenít talked in a while, want to get lunch and catch up?

I think people need to stop and slowdown for a bit and just bring back the human contact into their daily lives.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Been there done that. It wasn't hard, or annoying. If I don't have internet for a while I find it a minor inconvenience, but nothing drastic or lifechanging.

When I went on a camp last summer to look after underadvantaged kids we didn't have internet for the whole week, and not a single one of us missed it. In fact we were so busy we barely even had time to phone or text home.

It's pretty easy to be honest
    Sure, I could do this.

I've done it before, when I first moved in to the place here. I went something like a week, maybe two, before hooking up the Internet and plugging things in.

Then again, I was in a pretty bad way, so was not really functional anyway.
    I wouldn't want to. The internet replaced human communication when chat rooms and unlimited access to the internet's glory came to most households. I see no reason to take something away that doesn't harm me, but instead enhances me.
    I do it all the time for long periods. Sometimes I just need some time away on the lake or in the canadian shield. Just me, a few buds, and some beer.
    I do this when I go on vacation, but for the rest of the time I am quite technology dependent, if only because I am a music freak and all my music needs some way of technology to be played
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.