View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

Vinyl rules!

Rate this Entry
Right now, I am listening to Holst's "The Planets" on vinyl - and it's an awesome performance of it, to boot.

My grandmother gave me a turntable yesterday (along with a couple of speakers), because she recently moved out of a decent sized home into a much smaller apartment and she has no place to put it in her new place. So, that means I am going to have to do something extra nice for her in the near future. That's OK, I'm looking forward to returning her kind act, as soon as I figure out how.

I also have Crosby, Stills & Nash, Elton John and Queen on vinyl - not to mention, the vinyl that came with the BioShock 2 limited edition..... I grew up listening to those records (well, everything but the Bioshock), and I must have taken great care of them when I was 7 or 8, because I just got them in my hands today and I realized there is not a single scratch on any of them. I had to carefully clear some dust off a couple of them, but that's about it. Take, in comparison, my younger sister's vinyl of Madonna's Like A Virgin, which is covered in nasty scratches.......

A child of the '80s listening to the tunes of the generation previous - heh, I was never able to convince any of my classmates why that music was much better than New Kids on the Block, sad to say.

On another note, I am still going to AA meetings, and actually now I have been going to one particular meeting on a daily basis. It's three miles away from where I live, so I walk there first thing in the morning, and then I walk back when the meeting is finished. Some people tell me that's real dedication, but I'm actually starting to enjoy it. It is improving my outlook on life vastly. Or, one could say, it is "building character". Hehehe.....

Well, my plans for this afternoon involves cleaning up my apartment to a spotless state (well, as spotless as I possibly can without getting a Rug Doctor)....... I should probably stop procrastinating and get my ass working on that project.

Take care!

Comments - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.