View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

I have decided.

Rate this Entry
This Monday, I will go to my first ever AA meeting. Wish me luck.

Quitting on my own has proven to be ridiculously difficult, even though I know it really shouldn't be. I feel more than just a bit weak for resorting to this, but ah well.

Good Luck! Hope AA works out for you!
    Why feel weak resorting to this? Majority of alcoholic need AA to quit and stay quit. So its not like your a weak minority or something like that. Look at it as part of the treatment. You would not think your weak to take medicine to kill a bacteria infection would you? Exactly, so like I said look at this as just part of the treatment.

Good luck, I hope it is successful for you.
    Well, I do feel kinda weak because many people have told me in the past that alcoholism was a choice, that people can just simply choose to stop drinking and if they relapse, it's because they are weak.

Then again, these same people also told me that my schizophrenia was not a real illness (for them, it was a choice I was making), so perhaps I should take their words with a grain of salt.
    You want to stop drinking. Some people stop on their own. More often they need some help. Why on earth would you care what safe means you use to stop? If it's not working for you solo, I think it's reasonable to get some help. Good for you
    good luck! Hope you have an easy time with it.
    Well, going to AA means swallowing a ton of pride on my part. I have heard many people say that AA was a means for weak people to congregate and deny themselves personal responsibilty for their drinking, yet I find myself turning to that route anyway because I have proven to myself again and again that quitting drinking on my own is way too fucking difficult. I am weak, there I admitted it. Ah, well.
    A truely weak person would just wallow in misery and not even try to sober up. Facing your problems is not a sign of weakness, nor is seeking out others to help you along the way. It takes alot of courage to even admit that there is a problem. A weak individual will try to deny a problem even exists or will try to rationally justify their failure to even attempt fixing the problem. I wish you all the best. Please keep us up-to-date on how things are going.
    Yea, be careful about the AA group you join. You seem to be already aware of the many flawed ones that try to absolve you of responsibility. Though it works for some, especially the devoutly religious, it's a hollow security. The biggest thing AA offers is a support circle around you to confide in face to face.
    Whatever it takes, go for it.

AA can be good for the external accountability. Everything else aside, if it's only this that makes you think enough and often enough to discontinue drinking to excess, so be it. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.