View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

Sincerely annoyed right now.

Rate this Entry
So, when my roommate got kicked out by the landlord a couple of months ago, I let him know that he could come back and visit whenever he wanted under two conditions - one is that he calls and gives me at least 24 hours advance notice, and the other is that he stays for one night at a time at most.

This Monday, he gives me five hours notice.

And this morning, he gives me NO notice whatsoever - he just shows up at my doorstep expecting a place to sleep for the day.

He still has a key to my apartment. The next time he shows up without proper warning, I will be demanding that he gives me the key back. He knows the conditions, and all of his apologies this morning shows that he knows the conditions.

He's sleeping in my bedroom right now. Yeah, the bedroom that I actually hoped to be able to clean up today.

Geez..... I bend over backwards to accommodate his needs, but he does not even think twice about breaking the conditions I lay down for him.

If you're having so many issues with this guy, especially after he's moved out, why keep in contact with him?
    Think you should focus on the good. You're helping this guy out. Nobody wants to be taken advantage of, but doing this guy a few favours is pretty solid, especailly if he doesn't have his own place right now. You don't owe the guy anything, just a nice thing to do.
    One would wonder why the landlord would ever have evicted him in the first place...
    I would send a letter to the landlord explaining that this guy still has a key to the apartment--which the landlord did not remove--and requesting that the landlord re-key the entrances at his/her expense.

Give 30 days for this to be completed, and include the statement "time is of the essence."

If it has not been done, send a second letter giving the landlord 7 days to comply. Again, include the verbiage "time is of the essence." If the landlord does not comply again, get the locks changed then take the landlord to court and include parts/labor as well as court/filing fees.

"Visit" does not mean "you have a place to crash, and carte blanche to make my life miserable and/or difficult." This ex-roommate does not understand this, so you must take steps to getting the locks changed. Again, why the landlord did not just rekey as a natural consequence to the eviction process is beyond me. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.