View RSS Feed

baconbit

A general a 13?

Rate this Entry
If war gaming counts than yes you can call me a general. Am i the only general here i guess so. I like random facts. You know caffeine is a drug but can not harm you it is impossible to OD on it. I love tv and hate school. Like you couldn't use my age to figure that out.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

actually, it's quite possible to od on caffine if you take certain energy drinks or use it in it's pure form. so please don't think that and go popping no-doze and drinking energy drinks that don't list the amount of caffine. silly kid :P
    I have od'd on caffeine and it is not pleasant and definitely carries risks. Not recommended.
    http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caff...ine_dose.shtml
    here's some good info on it genbaby.
    Well it's not like you can die and it doesn't seem easy to do. I am addicted to caffeine never oded. I drink 5 cans or Pepsi a day max though.
    Hehe, 5 cans of Pepsi a day is pretty unhealthy. But I don't know if you can OD on Pepsi. Pop doesn't have as much caffeine in it as tea. Coffee actualy has less caffeine than pop. I have a friend that OD'd on caffeine though. It ain't pretty, and it's very possible. And yes, you can die from it too.

MJ on the other hand...
    Tea has caffeine? I know its unhealthy but a proven study showed that energy drinks are worse. I said it was hard to OD on caffeine you have to drink allot of it into your body very fast.
    Caffeine can and will kill you if take enough of it, it's happened before a few times.

In cases of extreme overdose, death can result. The median lethal dose (LD50) given orally, is 192 milligrams per kilogram in rats.[1] The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on weight and individual sensitivity and estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass, roughly 80 to 100 cups of coffee for an average adult taken within a limited timeframe that is dependent on half-life. Though achieving lethal dose with caffeine would be exceptionally difficult with regular coffee, there have been reported deaths from overdosing on caffeine pills, with serious symptoms of overdose requiring hospitalization occurring from as little as 2 grams of caffeine.[71][72][73][74] Death typically occurs due to ventricular fibrillation brought about by effects of caffeine on the cardiovascular system.
    Now Pepsi won't kill you, maybe a caffeine high but you cannot OD on standard drinks like that. Next up are drinks such as Red Bull, AMP, etc. These generally at most have about 100mg's tops per bottle so it'd still take quite alot. Mid level you got the gamers drinks such as Bawls,Jolt,etc; these drinks are in the 100 level area for mg's of caffeine + HIGH levels of taurine.

Finally, you got caffeine pills and the dangerous drinks such as 'Cocaine energy' (not to be confused with the drug). These drinks contain HUNDREDS of mg's of caffeine and for someone weighing less than 150 pounds it would be quite easy to OD with possibly even cause a fatality in a short amount of time. Cocaine the drink is banned on store shelves so don't expect to find it anywhere local.

So in summary, pepsi and coca cola you cannot easily caffeine OD on. Red Bull, Amp, etc, still not easy. The dangerous stuff, fairly easy. So basically, CAFFEINE CAN KILL YOU.

Here is a rough guide that bases on just caffeine:
    http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database/

(Also note the starbucks levels, in the 300's)
    Where did you get the ridiculous idea that a caffeine overdose can't kill you? Be cautious of whoever gave you such false information.

Also, people who overdose on caffeine usually do so because they're taking caffeine pills. In a way, you're right.... it would be extremely hard to overdose on caffeine from beverages.

Anyway, what kind of war games? Are you talkng about something sorta like paintball or something more like Warhammer?
    Ok how are you going to get all that caffeine. Energy drinks don't have enough a lethal dose is over 3 G. No i mean like i play a lot of stuff like for the main part aoe. I play some battle field.
    Caffiene pills...Pretty much anything is OD-able if you take enough...
    Sigh

Energy drinks don't have enough a lethal dose is over 3 G
    Read V

A 2.5 ounce bottle of Redline Power Rush contains 350 milligrams of caffeine.
    Thats 2.5 OUNCES, these are mini shots and can be downed in one gulp. There are other energy drinks out there COMMONLY sold in stores that can have up to half a gram of caffeine in just 20 ounces of liquid. Average energy drinks cannot kill easily no, but these power house ones can and will so it is not funny in any respect.

No offense but seriously, if you want to believe that energy drinks cannot kill then go right ahead and believe that. I am just trying to make sure you don't accidentally kill yourself down the road after having one too many powershots.

Also for 'war-gaming' what version of Battlefield do you play? 1942, Battlefield 2 or the newer 2012 (iirc) one? (Also original AoE rocks, if you like that you should go take a look at Rise Of Nations)
    WOW.... I had no idea they put THAT much caffeine in some energy drinks. Even Red Bull only has as much caffeine as an average cup of coffee.... but Redline.... wow!

I just found a news article about teens being hospitalized for drinking it....
    http://www.nbc6.net/news/15578698/detail.html
    If just one shot of that did that to cause them to end up at the hospital (might have even been half, who knows) then I would hate to see what two would do.

Everyone is different, 3grams may be lethal for a 300 pound bodybuilder but I guarantee someone that weighs less than 150 is not going to have the same 'tolerance'. Just another reason to be careful as not everybody reacts the same to energy drinks.
    I have rise of natoins. Hey i only drink Pepsi and some energy drinks which do list it and are all under 100 mg. So i know i won't. That stuff is just overflowed with caffeine they need to reduce the amount.

I haven't played in forever but i have them all, even Vietnam, and have played them all. THat is for battle feild.
    why are you a general if you haven't played them forever?
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.