View RSS Feed

recovery

Nerdiest WeekEnd of the Year So Far

Rate this Entry
This weekend must be one of the nerdiest I've had in awhile. But It started on Friday, a friend was trying to convince me to play Dungeons and Dragons for weeks. Eventually I gave in, and played a game. Can't easily avoid it if he's your house mate and hosts it at our place!

I enjoyed it more than I expected, and I started to get a hang of the rules. I've never liked RPGs because of their repetitiveness, but given a master and user generated content, hopefully won't be too much of that in future. But 4 hours we were playing for and only got through 3 different encounters. But I look towards the next game, thinking of getting my own dice set!

On that same Friday I got mail, yes my FPGA came. I spent hours trying to use a Windows in a VM with usb support for the Usb-Blaster programmer/debugger/communicator. But instead, couldn't get it to work, and in frustration did some chores and cleaned the bathroom.

on sunday, I data some suffeling of my files, as on my Laptop as I planned to re-install linux and set it up as the the only OS, and use some encryption. At first, the inital boot was slow and I didn't anticipate it to be that slow. However after some fiddling and tweaking, it seemed to be unnoticeable. But it's much smoother than the half falling apart gnome setup like before :P.

Then I setup a webserver and did the various tweaks to get it live on the internet. And now I have www.w00t.tk. Never used dot tk domains for, so lets see how this pilot goes.

and here is my grand old desktop background with my new setup:

Got back and installed the software for my FPGA, Quatrus is familiar to me, but I've never used it to download to a real FPGA, however, it seems i'm having trouble setting up. I've got some sample code to run on my dev board. All is well, except I can't do my own. It's all compiled, just need to download it to the board that's the problem. Oh well, I had some minor success today. But not got to the bottom of it.
Reading all sorts of documents, And it's not 100% straight forward.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You are such a geek it hurts me a little bit to read this....

But I luvya anyway
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.