View RSS Feed

Kyler

Not So Amazing After All

Rate this Entry
So apparently the "Amazing adventures of amazingness" were not so amazing after all... My friends father told her to call us and tell us to wash of extremely well. The reason being, he had two fishermen in his office last year that, from wading into the lake, were having their skin eaten by bacteria. One man had to have his...gonads removed and the other barely escaped with his leg.

So after a freak out, i washed off and at school the next day i asked my friend about it. What i misunderstood was that it was not flesh-eating-bacteria (necrotizing fasciitis) but rather, bacteria that had been turned super acidic due to the extremely high pH of the lake, and burned its way through the skin.

So, still a bit unnerved, i've vowed to never again touch that water.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This sounds like a bad environmental issue...
    All's well that ends well, at least. You haven't had your skin burned off. That's good. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy
    This sounds like a bad environmental issue...
    Rated 4th most degraded lake in florida...
    geez, remind me never to go swimming in florida. i don't want to have to go *checking... "1... 2.....umm... 3! ok, they're all there" everytime i go into the water...
    eep.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.