View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

Setting new rules for myself.

Rate this Entry
I have several goals in my sights, but to reach them, I have to work my ass off and make some sacrifices.

A - I want to be a FT student, and I will be one once the Spring Quarter starts. I have to start adjusting to this lifestyle early, so that it won't come as a complete shock the first week school begins.

So, I am spending a lot of time studying the basics of the classes I will be taking (and these classes are Japanese 221, English 102, and Math 90). Any weekday that I don't work on the PT job, I am making it a point to study for at least six hours. When I start classes, I intend to be mentally and spiritually prepared for FT student life, and this is my way of working towards that end. I already picked up a couple of the books I will be using for these classes, and I am hitting them hard.

B - Rosetta Stone Japanese courses are expensive, but I know for a fact that they are well worth the cost.

A new video card and BD-ROM drive can be expensive, but I just got a kick-ass LCD monitor as an early birthday present from my father - why not spend that money to make the most of it?

Getting my hands on these things require some sacrifices, considering my tight budget.

So, here goes -

Only one soda a week - no exceptions.

Only one cigar a month - no exceptions.

No alcoholic beverages whatsoever until I pass the first quarter of college with the grades I strive for.

No new video game purchases until I have played through everything I already have - and no new DVD purchases until I have watched everything I already have. That can easily take a couple of years on both of those fronts.

To extend that even further - no entertainment spending whatsoever. I no longer enjoy going to see movies at the cinema, anyways (because too many people can't shut the fuck up and let me enjoy the movie without their commentary). Eating out is also a monumental waste of money, especially when I want to learn how to cook a wider variety of gourmet meals at home. And why should I rent DVDs when I have about 400 sitting on my bookshelves still in the shrink-wrap? I have done none of these three things in the last couple of months anyway (except for that time I saw Avatar in 3-D - and that was a waste of money, time and brain cells).

What pleasures will I allow myself? The nappies, of course! I can wear nappies 24/7 and still spend less on them than what I was spending on DVDs and video games every month. I probably won't be wearing 24/7, though, for that would probably interfere with goal C.

C - Keep up the workout routine, keep kicking up the intensity when it is appropriate, lose 40 more lbs.

I already lost over 50 lbs in the last year. With this goal, all I really have to do is keep up the work I have been doing. This is the only reason keeping me from wearing 24/7 after classes start - because nappies and working out don't mix well, and I really don't want to be wearing openly when I finally start taking swimming lessons a couple of months from now. I guess I'll stick with keeping it in the privacy of my apartment or when I am at school. Ah, well, I'll save more money that way and it certainly is more discreet.

So, a lot of this I already have been doing. But setting these disciplines in stone really does have a satisfying feel to it.

Take note that I am not depriving myself of all pleasures. I am just going to enjoy the pleasures I already have around me that I have not experienced yet. Heh.

So, this is it. The rules are set in stone, and I have a temporary roommate who will make sure that I stick with them.

(Only on a blog can I afford to make a post as self-indulgent as this one is.)
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

An eulogy to you mate, for setting up your goals and a road to walk in order to achieve them!
    That is always admirable.
    Best of luck to you.

//Lilpaws
    It all sounds very admirable, and when you look at each goal individually then it sounds pretty acheivable, but if you look at it all together then it doesn't seem very achievable!

Good luck to you, but don't work yourself into the ground. It's possible to do well at college and still have fun and indulge yourself occasionally!
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.