View RSS Feed

The life and mind of Takashi Morinosuka

Inglourious Basterds Review

Rate this Entry
Why is it that I haven't gotten it through my head that any movie with Brad Pitt will suck?

Now that that's out of the way I will say that this movie was ok. I liked Chapters 1, 2, and 5. I liked the beginning, seeing The Bastards for the first time, The Bastards and especialy "The Bear Jew" killing that guy with a baseball bat. I enjoyed the final sceen in the theater and seeing the bombs go off. What sucks is that this could have been a great movie but 60% of it was me having to read subtitles and that totaly took me out of the moment; this needed alot more action.

Score: 2 out of 5
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's good to know your opinion. Having seen the preview for this movie and reading your review, I can safely say that I'm going to skip this film.
    Did you really just say any movie with Brad Pitt is destined to suck? Not only that but you're complaining about a movie having too many subtitles based on your review. Did you not know you were watching a Taratino film? Heavy dialogue is a given.

Personally I loved it. I knew what to expect and they delivered just that.

If you haven't seen this film and can appreciate a good story then by all means watch this flick. Don't let the opinion of a single person persuade you away.
    [QUOTE]Why is it that I haven't gotten it through my head that any movie with Brad Pitt will suck?[/QUOTE]

May I please point you to the picture that is my avatar and prescribe you a dose of "Fight Club?" Maybe some "Ocean 11" or "Ocean 12;" "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" wasn't too shabby either. Or, if you are the drama type, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (some loved it, some hated it; its not too bad either way). Pitt's movies might not be the best, but plenty of them are good too. :)

I thought Tarantino was brilliant with that movie; he did a great job. Up there with Pulp Fiction IMO.

Mkiyzu: If you don't like Tarantino movies, then you won't like this film; its quite similar to Pulp Fiction and many of his other movies. However, if you want a great story (with some violence and other stuff thrown in), its worth seeing. :)
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.