View RSS Feed

The life and mind of Takashi Morinosuka

Mom wants me to drive.

Rate this Entry
Ok to set this up I have Hydrocephalus and Optic atrophy and have had two eye operations; One at 9 months and one at 6 years. If I didn't have the one at 6 years I would be blind right now.

My vision has made decent gains throughout my life and recently went to the doctor and he thinks that I could drive. Great right? Not really. I grow up thinking that I wouldn't be able to drive and now that i'm being told that I might be able to is just "whatever". I don't care if I can drive or not. However my mom thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Two things that she is really held up on right now is that I don't want to go to college, I am determend to make a good living without a college education, which is possible and to those people that think you need to college to make it in the world fuck you. You can make it in the world without college and you can make it without driveing.

My father showed me this and thinks it would be good for me to get this because it would save us in the long run. This would be a one time payment of about $2,200 and I would rather pay that then a $3,000 car and at the very least $50 a month for inserance.

I thought it looked good and I showed my mom and what do you think happend? Yup she said no and that "I still wanna see you driving?" WHY?! This will save you money. It's amazing I hardly ever talk to my father and yet I have a hell of alot more in comment then my mom and I told to her alot more.

Sometimes I just don't know what to do with her.

I was a late driver, not getting my license until my early 20s. I got along just fine without it. However, I think having the skill of driving and the legal right to do so is beneficial, so I wouldn't completely turn my nose up at the idea if I were you, just do it in your own time.

As an aside, I tend to agree with you about college, but you better have a pretty solid game plan as an alternative. A trade school works very well as one, but anything really practical will do if you're self-motivated, I think. Just don't leave yourself in a place where you're going to be at the mercy of the expectation of others, because that stupid diploma counts when people have a stack of resumes to go through for a conventional job. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.