View RSS Feed

CD Projeckt RED: Best game developer ever?

Rate this Entry

You know, I get more and more respect for those crazy polish bastards who made "The Witcher". They're totally uncorrupted by the current trend of Shovelware (EA), Releasing unfinished games (SimCity Societies and the C++ bug) and not providing
any sort of patches for poorly optimized games (NFS: Pro Street)

But today I checked out their website, and I found out that they're releasing a new version of The Witcher. "The Witcher: Enhanced edition" It'll come with 2 Music CD's, a map, the new mod tool....

The leading idea during the development of the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher is to create a game that is devoid of all "first-time" problems found in the premiere edition. The Witcher was received very warmly by both the players and the media, but we are well aware that it is not a product without its faults. There was just not enough time to perfect certain elements, while we learned that some things needed to be changed from the players themselves. Now we have the opportunity to introduce changes that will allow The Witcher to provide even more fun. I hope that, as a result, the game will come even closer to the ideal RPG game.
Holy crap! Jesus Christ! Did I just read that correctly? "but we are well aware that it is not a product without its faults"?? MY GOD, THEY ARE NOT RULED BY MONEY!!??

First and foremost, the English language version will be, for the most part, completely re-done. The amount of text in that version was reduced compared to other language versions and that was said to cause a significant decrease in immersion and atmosphere. Now the English version will be as polished and atmospheric as the other language versions. Speaking of language versions, most of them will be more or less improved. Significant changes will also be made in the German version, where we are planning to re-record the voices for many of the characters. The most important improvements concern those elements of the game that the players criticized the most. So for example, over 50 new supporting character models will be added, so that the player won't run into the same person too often. The inventory panel will be re-designed and improved, and some elements of the main game screen will be polished. However, one of the biggest changes that will greatly increase the player's immersion in the game world will be improvements concerning dialogue scenes. Both Geralt and the NPCs will get over 100 new animated gestures which will make their "body language" during a conversation much more natural. Additionally, the face animation and lip-sync system will be re-created, making the faces of the speakers now even more natural as well.
Zomfg? They're actually improving stuff based on fan's requests?? This shit is unheard of today! Can you imagine EA releasing "Battlefield 2: Enhanced" totally patched, with Jetski's and grappling hooks, all that stuff that they promised when it was in development?? I doubt it.

Now I know what you're thinking. "You're gonna fork out money for what's essentially a patched version of the game? Are you ****ed in the head?"

Well guess what? All of the fixes from the Enhanced edition are going to be available to download for people who have already bought and registered the original game. For free.
You mean to say that they're not forcing people who have the original game to go out and buy it again?

Comments - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.