Lying within, a meaning is born
by, 19-Feb-2008 at 03:24 (554 Views)
I recall having originally said -- no doubt back on TBDL before it [i]died[/i] -- something about a theme to my story that made it more than just some random and average babyfur story.
I intended, and still intend, for [i]Misery or Miracle?[/i] to be epic. This project of mine will undoubtedly take [i]years[/i] to finish. It cannot span a single year, nor two years, but the length and the contents within will justify the means of which it took to make it to the end. I just never realized how epic I could actually make it until I looked deep into what I had made. I set myself up, almost perfectly and without even thinking in advance, for amazing elements and plot points to be added to the story, all of which contribute [i]tremendously[/i] to the fabric I'm weaving. If I were to estimate, 45% of what I do is planned, while the remaining 55% is completely random and by chance. It is ironic, however, that not even knowing what I've set the stage for in the future can further enhance things in unimaginable ways.
I said something about a meaning before. I don't fully remember how I stated or phrased it back then, but...
In [i]Misery or Miracle?[/i], the story is not merely about a man born into impossible and wonderful conditions, then forced to give up that life for something lesser, simpler, and -- much to his surprise -- more enjoyable than previously expected; it is not just about the struggle between gods, between angels and demons, and between the forces of the universe pulling each other apart; it is not wholly comprised of the sins of growing up thought of as a monster, or the evils directed toward children who have done nothing but exist, or the horrors that men and women alike, no matter what the species, are capable of; it is all of these things and more. It's a story about overcoming these adversities, about making one's self into something more by finding a purpose and casting aside what others think, about struggling to survive and yet finding the hope and the will to go on.
And I never saw this meaning until a short while ago.
I set myself up to write something unintentionally epic and meaningful. With nearly a megabyte of notes, I've managed to create the future of the story, and I see just how powerful of a statement it's possible for me to make. And I can only hope I don't disappoint with the endeavor I have sought to perform.