View RSS Feed

LittleJ123

Adult Babies and The Balance

Rate this Entry
Today I’d like to briefly discuss the “A” of “AB”. For most folks, the term “adult baby” sounds like an oxymoron, and when said flat out just like that, it is. Despite what most ABs and Littles would like to believe, they are no longer physical “babies” or “children” in a biological sense. However (and a big however), they may mentally and emotionally still identify with elements of their childhood: harmless clothing and activities that make them feel like they can truly be themselves.

Unlike the position that some harsh individuals would take, there is nothing inherently wrong with sippy-cups, onesies, blocks, stuffed animals, and diapers. That can, and will be discussed further in another post, but I’d like to hit on a position that some skeptics may use when trying to attack ABDLs and Littles. They would argue that ABDLs long for a fantasy that can never take place in real life. The Little will therefore chase their lost childhood forever, and deny their immediate pressing adult lifestyle and responsibilities to do so. They argue that ABDLs cannot be productive members of society.

That could not be farther from the truth. What if that same kind of logic was used to define the hundreds of adults that play video games as a way to unwind and relax? Sure it seems frivolous, but if they’re holding jobs, paying their bills, and contributing to society, who cares if they finish a long work week with a round of video games, right? Most would agree with that, but as soon as you begin to correlate that argument with drinking from sippy-cups, and wearing diapers they can't seem to connect the dots.

Whether or not people can understand the things that ABDLs do isn't really relevant. I mean, everyone has different preferences when it comes to things that help them de-stress and enjoy life a little. Some people play video games, watch movies, listen to music, excersise, read books, update their instagram, and the list goes on. I think we can all agree that in excess any of the previously mentioned activities could lead to unproductively in one’s life, that’s where the balance comes in.

This is what is so crucial about the “adult” in the term “adult baby”. Adults can see the balance - the bigger picture. They understand that life consists of both night and day, work and play, activity and rest, obligation and pleasure. Adults can see the one thing that biological children can't seem to grasp. That fact makes the ABDL a very well-rounded child - being able to find the childlike wonder in all aspects of the balance of life. Believe it or not, the seasoned ABDLs, the ones who’ve been in diapers the longest, tend to not follow the binge and purge cycles that most new Littles fall into. The more experienced ones understand that living from binge to purge isn't practical, and rather flow with a balance of what most would call “adulting” and their mental and emotional desires.

Comments

Despite many finding the phrase "adult baby" cringe-inducing, I like it for the seeming contradiction and its two parts. We're obviously not babies. I don't want to be one (once was enough). Being an adult who gets to play around with adult and baby status is the best!
    You've put it in words so well that I found myself wishing it was possible to give rep points on a blog post. I've never seen it laid out so well. The balance of the two is what makes it so good.
    Thank you so much! It has taken quite some time to figure all this out, so I'm glad my resolve has helped someone else.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.