View RSS Feed

Oh Me Oh My! OmiOMy's Rambles

Solid Shots

Rate this Entry
Every night, I take a solid shot — that's what I call the cocktail of meds that I take every night. It's—

• two 300 mg gabapentin pills
  • one 2mg prazosin pill
  • four standard benadryl for the bedbug allergy
  • one 50mg tramadol
  • an L-methylfolate, equal to the RDA of 100%
  • 100mg of topamax
  • 5mg olanzapine
  • and 75mg venlafaxine.

It covers and starts to ride the sides of a standard shot glass.

It's a clustercuss. Fibro, PTSD, nerve damage, nerve pain, joint pain, allergic reactions, bipolar, cluster headaches, and schizotypal. I'm a bag of fun, eh what? But things are largely under control. I mean, I got the panic disorder under control with meditation and the occasional day spent in relaxing with no commitments, sometimes padded. Herbal tea helps here, too.

And every night I try to remember to take that solid shot, that glug of pills.

I spent about two weeks without most of them, during the cold snap when it was too cold out to travel (I ride the bus). That was a hard time. I don't plan on repeating that. Though now they're all on the same schedule — I'd been off sync until Tuesday.

...whewf. I took the last dose a couple hours ago. I'm feeling a little baked. I'm going to bed soon, I think.
Tags: diary, health, ramble
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Holy crud! That's no fun. I s'pose alcohol is totally out of the question? "Bedbug allergy" caught my eye, though. Isn't the real answer there to get rid of the bedbugs? Or are there circumstances beyond your control? I don't think I'd sleep until I knew they were all dead, and if I couldn't kill 'em all, I'd move. (And I couldn't get up in the morning if I was downing four Benadryl at bedtime!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail
    Holy crud! That's no fun. I s'pose alcohol is totally out of the question? "Bedbug allergy" caught my eye, though. Isn't the real answer there to get rid of the bedbugs? Or are there circumstances beyond your control? I don't think I'd sleep until I knew they were all dead, and if I couldn't kill 'em all, I'd move. (And I couldn't get up in the morning if I was downing four Benadryl at bedtime!)
    It is indeed tricky to wake up on that much benadryl!

I've been trying to get the landlord to send the extermination team to my apartment, but they're playing games with me. The latest excuse was "Too much stuff," and I'm quoting. This is how I know they're lying about sending them last time: last time there was a problem with these things, I actually had MORE things than I do now—I've had to cull clothing that doesn't fit or was falling apart, and other things like worn out sheets. Also, I was home the entire week they claim they sent the team in, and no one ever came in.

I would love a drink at times like this but then I'd have to skip my meds, which is out of the question indeed. Hilarious fact: I love the taste of wine but hate the taste of alcohol, so I've been fermenting grape juice with my water kefir culture—all the flavor, plus good for my stomach, and only as much alcohol as a bottle of O'Doul's. (I love water kefir. Fizzy goodness.)
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.