View RSS Feed

Oh Me Oh My! OmiOMy's Rambles

Closets

Rate this Entry
I've come out of a lot of closets.

There was the regular closet, which my folks largely think can change (incoming plot twist)

There's the gender closet — making a twist of "if I'm genderqueer NONE of my relationships would technically be straight"

There's the broom closet — I'm a hard polytheistic pagan Witch, which really didn't go over well with the family (it went over worse than being queer, actually)

And then there's the... What would you call the DL equivalent? Folded up in the diaper bag? Whatever—the point is, no one knows about this, and unlike everything else? I have neither need nor desire to have this known outside.

(And I know I'm on the Unpopular Opinion™ side again here)

See, as much as I love my diapers, and the way they feel so nice, and the way they calm me, I feel like they're nobody's business. No one around needs to know. No one has to see, engage with, or know about it. In fact, things are a lot simpler if they don't. And if this means hiding my stash from the off chance my father drops in and snoops (because he does that sometimes, despite me living alone for the last seven years), then so be it.

This is going to stay my little secret, at least for now.

...if I find a munch though all bets are off
Tags: diary
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Regarding your "coming out of the diaper bag," as you called it (coming out of the nursery?), as far as I can tell, on this question I think most folks here are pretty accepting of those who choose either maximal confidentiality, or "out" with family and friends. The ABDL lifestyle is not the same as most of those other lifestyle "stands" that seem to go with other territories, since few, if any of us are political activists regarding this lifestyle. I guess rather than having to take a "stand," we mostly prefer to just "waddle" along.
    Updated 19-Jan-2018 at 20:10 by Yooda

Quote Originally Posted by Yooda
    Regarding your "coming out of the diaper bag," as you called it (coming out of the nursery?), as far as I can tell, on this question I think most folks here are pretty accepting of those who choose either maximal confidentiality, or "out" with family and friends. The ABDL lifestyle is not the same as most of those other lifestyle "stands" that seem to go with other territories, since few, if any of us are political activists regarding this lifestyle. I guess rather than having to take a "stand," we mostly prefer to just "waddle" along.

It's one of those things that I've been thinking lots of "thinky thoughts" on lately. I see so many people obsessed with visibility, and I'm like... In this case, is that what we want really? In the same breath (or rather, text line) I'll see someone say "it's just underwear" and then complain about not being allowed to flaunt it. It's like — are they not seeing the problem with that line of reasoning? I mean don't get me twisted, I'd pay to get rid of the misconception and ridicule in the general population. But the whole idea of people walking around the streets in just their dyps? That's basically walking around in underwear, which is also illegal (at least, it is in this state!) and I'd just as soon rather not.

Plus, I'm just as happy having my calming soft fluffies hiding under my clothes. And if I have to be out to anyone I'd rather it only be a few people that I could trust, not flaunting it all out there all willy-nilly.
    First off, we all have to admit that the idea that: the wearing of an absorbent undergarment might somehow create any truly greater amount of "security" during times when we don't really require them, is essentially irrational. So, we are all here (or at least the great majority of us), discussing something that on a rational level, makes no sense.

So, given that assumption of basic irrationality, the next "logical" question might be (as with many things having to do with our subconscious levels), since this lifestyle seems to require giving a certain amount of ourselves over to irrationality, how much of ourselves do we want to "give over" to whatever irrationality may arise? All of ourselves, some of ourselves, or none of ourselves? For probably the vast majority of us here, we have already given up on "giving over" none of ourselves to this "side of ourselves." For us, trying to give over none of ourselves is what we would call the "binge-purge-cycle," which most or all of us have tried, and none of us here have succeeded at.

So by deduction the next question becomes: "How much of ourselves do we want to 'give over' to this lifestyle, all of ourselves or just some of ourselves?" As I think you probably already know about me, I chose long ago that I was not going to "give over" all of myself. I think that many on this website may still not have yet made that decision, or may still be hoping to find some way to somehow give over "all of themselves within reason," but therein lies the "rub."

The "rub" is that this is an "irrational" lifestyle, and some here attempt to "push the limits" as to how much they can "get away with" without causing undue legal, financial, or psychological stress to themselves. Thus, that would probably be how these individuals might define "giving over" all of themselves to this lifestyle.

There we find some folks like the Original Poster, Pilchers, of this thread:

Personally that thread was my first encounter here with the "flaunt your diapers" mentality at ADISC, and I was quite glad to see that Pilchers was banned from this site, presumably for his tendency to swear and cat-call at anyone who didn't agree with his "flaunt them" philosophy. Have you found other threads here where the "flaunt them in public" philosophy is presented as the only valid outcome of being an ABDL? If so, where? If you could show any links to any such threads I would be surprised, and might even take the step of posting my counter-argument to that mentality there myself.

It still seems to me that the prevailing attitude of the administrators of this site, is that the "flaunt them in public" philosophy, is to be strongly discouraged on this site. Clearly this philosophy is little different from, if not the same as, "sexual exhibitionism," which this site is not meant to be at all about fostering or encouraging. Sexual exhibitionism for most in the world of psychology and psychiatry, is definitely considered a form of diagnosable mental illness, while the ABDL lifestyle, in so long as it is kept discreet, and causes no apparent harm to the individual, is usually not considered a diagnosable form of mental illness.

Probably every single human being alive has experienced a certain amount of conflict between their "Spock-like" rational side, and certain aspects of their subconscious levels that they cannot make rational sense of, except perhaps to try to suppress and ignore them.

In my own case, this struggle between my "rational daytime side" and my "irrational ABDL side" now seems to be relatively settled, but who knows, there may still be minor "skirmishes" yet in store for me after 40 some years of living with this little grain of sand in the oyster of my life?

For myself, I count this "grain of sand" as my "reminder to stop being an SOB," which I have on occasion been known to become. Whatever it is or may be for you, I have no doubt, if you don't already know, you will one day.

Yooda
    Updated 20-Jan-2018 at 18:45 by Yooda
    I tend to land in "linkstorms," when you get to the bottom of a page and see related topics, and in fact one of the threads I landed in was that one. More recently there was a thread asking whether being out in just a diaper, no pants, was indecent exposure, and that thread rather quickly devolved into a mess (it was in the Adult Babies and Littles forum, I remember). There were a surprising number of people who fell in the "this is fine" camp, and I quickly removed myself from that discussion.

I'm so very aware that this is irrational stuff. It's like security blankets and special plushies — none of it is normal. But we're wired in such a way that these things bring us comfort and relaxation and peace. It does not a dang thing to hurt anyone else, even if it seems weird to other people. I probably had been heading this way all along, with my bed real estate getting covered with plushies that all rotated in the nighttime cuddlesleeps.
    Yes, you may have heard what Thomas Jefferson once said when asked about allowing "Baptists" to have their own churches. He said, "They neither break my leg nor pick my pocket, why should I be concerned with what they may choose to do or believe?" (Or some close facsimile thereof.)

I wonder if there are any ABDL diaper churches around?
    The Temple Of The Padded Bum, where you're always protected.
    Yes, may the "protection" be with you.
    And also with you!
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.