View RSS Feed

Oh Me Oh My! OmiOMy's Rambles

The Gift Of Acceptance.

Rate this Entry
It's been about a year and half since I became diapercurious, as I call it, and six months since I took the plunge into cloth diapers. I've learned a lot in that time about diapers and myself. I spent a lot of that intervening time in a state of conflict — trying to make sense of liking the diapers given that I was buying them for a need. For a long time I couldn't get my head around this. It was a paradox, and every morning that I woke up with a wet diaper was, weirdly, a relief — a vindication.

Of course it meant I had to fill the washtub and do a handload, but weirdly enough I found the act of giving myself a wash and a diaper change serene. I would forget the world as I prepared for a fresh diaper — one accident means another one is a risk, I've discovered. Then I would wash the wet diaper thoroughly, sometimes with extra Dreft scent booster because the smell makes me feel extra happy.

Another month passed, and I would have the occasional dry night that would lull me into not wearing at night. We all know how that one goes. The night after that, I resumed wearing nightly... And changed the sheets.

It's months after that, and I have six cloth contour pocket diapers in my stash now. They are soft, comfortable, and — what has surprised me the most in this time — comforting. I feel better in a diaper. Better all around. And I don't worry about being caught in places outside my home when my bladder decides to tap out on me anymore (well besides work... I haven't worked up the nerve to wear there. I just don't drink anything there).

I've even finally come to peace with the fact that I like diapers. There's no denying it. This is an aspect of who I am, and that's that.

I got the Gift of Acceptance for Christmas.
Tags: acceptance, diary
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I got the same gift, my friend! I stopped running from the big bad ABDL inside of me. It feels good, doesn't it? If you don't mind a movie quote, this is from Nightbreed, a movie that has shaped the way I think for years.

"To be able to fly? To be smoke? Or a wolf? To know the night and live in it forever. That's not so bad. You call us monsters, but when you dream, you dream of flying, and changing, and living without death. You envy us. And what do you envy?"

I always identified myself as a freak and weirdo and I gravitated towards the monsters in the film. But now I accept my weirdness and embrace it. This is the way we are. So we might as well enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycombs
    I got the same gift, my friend! I stopped running from the big bad ABDL inside of me. It feels good, doesn't it? If you don't mind a movie quote, this is from Nightbreed, a movie that has shaped the way I think for years.

"To be able to fly? To be smoke? Or a wolf? To know the night and live in it forever. That's not so bad. You call us monsters, but when you dream, you dream of flying, and changing, and living without death. You envy us. And what do you envy?"

I always identified myself as a freak and weirdo and I gravitated towards the monsters in the film. But now I accept my weirdness and embrace it. This is the way we are. So we might as well enjoy it.
    I like that quote. It's pretty perfect. It's so much better now that I'm running with it instead of against it. I just can't believe that it took me this long. I tell people all the time to lighten up and roll with it and yet it took me this long to follow my own advice.

I'm finally loving it. It's great!
    Exactly. I realized I was stuck this way so I better change the way I see it. See it as neat quirk. And I agree about wondering why we took so long. I think I instinctively knew that if I could get past my own cringe factor, that this lifestyle would make me calm and happier all around. Get past that fear of other's reactions and being discovered. Screw it. I may be discovered some day and if so I know how to handle it now and if shamed, I can redirect it back at them. Life is too short to not live it the way that makes you happiest.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.