View RSS Feed

Oh Me Oh My! OmiOMy's Rambles

Buggin'.

Rate this Entry
*smack*

*slap*

*smack*

*SLAP*

Urrrgh. I roll over. It's four in the morning. I find no fresh bugs. This is all last night's bites being exceptionally itchy. Time to pop three benadryl.

And then work on three hours of sleep.

*_*_*

At least work was easy.

I've reported my bug situation to the landlords:

"Again?"

"Yes. Send the heat guys this time."

"Didn't they come last time?"

They did not. In fact, I took the week off that they were supposed to arrive just to wait for them. No-shows.

"Look, I'm allergic to the things. I brought you the doctor's letter last year. I'd like to sleep without taking what for most people is an ill-advised dose of antihistamines."

"OK then... You're on the list now."

"Thank you." Was that so damn hard?

I returned to my apartment to spray and sleep. As easy as my shift was, housekeeping is draining when you have no food.

Speaking of, it's time for the day's meal...
Tags: diary
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Keep all your correspondence with your landlord in writing so that you have a paper trail of evidence. Keep copies of everything. I cut and pasted an excerpt of Illinois landlord-tenant laws in one ofyour recent laws. Also, contact your municipal services number and see about the possibility of getting an inspector to investigate. They may be able to send a work order to the landlord. You may also be entitled to a rent rebate for compensation. A legal clinic should be able to advise you on how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrunner
    Keep all your correspondence with your landlord in writing so that you have a paper trail of evidence. Keep copies of everything. I cut and pasted an excerpt of Illinois landlord-tenant laws in one ofyour recent laws. Also, contact your municipal services number and see about the possibility of getting an inspector to investigate. They may be able to send a work order to the landlord. You may also be entitled to a rent rebate for compensation. A legal clinic should be able to advise you on how to do this.
    That's the tricky part, they don't give out paperwork. I'm thinking about filming and dating my interactions with them. I think they do this on purpose, so they can't get stung when they get busted not doing their jobs. I have a dip in my ceiling that I've been trying to have fixed for a year.
    That's why it's important that you do the paperwork from your end. If they don't respond to it in writing or take the appropriate actions, they are basically proving your case for you. If there's a dip in the ceiling, I would be worried about a safety issue. I think it would be adviseable to get a municipal inspector to come to your unit. Also get pictures.

That's why it's important that you do the paperwork from your end. If they don't respond to it in writing or take the appropriate actions, they are basically proving your case for you. If there's a dip in the ceiling, I would be worried about a safety issue. I think it would be adviseable to get a municipal inspector to come to your unit. Also get pictures.
    I have an idea for tracking the attempts at repairs: liberating dateable maintenance slips from work and using those to record the problems, along with dated photographs, stapled to each request. Of course they'll be in duplicate.

This is going to be my third attempt at getting this ceiling done. It's an eyesore. It happened when I was out the unit above me flooded or something and the water came through the floor into my unit and shorted... my ex 's old TV, which he had foisted on me one day because mine was too small for his liking. (He's a ex for a reason. Oh, and he blamed me for the leak.) The place could have gone up in flames if the TV had been on.

The reason they didn't fix the problem right then? There was no water on the floor! It COULDN'T have been a leak. :EYEROLL:

Ladies, gentlemen, esteemed others: HUD.
    I strongly suggest you get a city inspector into that unit as soon as possible. This is a safety issue.

I strongly suggest you get a city inspector into that unit as soon as possible. This is a safety issue.
    Oh, they'll have a field day with the fridge that I had go prove breathed fire before they would fix it. (Turned out to be a shorted wire, and if I hadn't caught it on video, it never would have been fixed WAIT. I could video my bugs. ...as much as it makes my teeth itch. More evidence for the inspection.)
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.