View RSS Feed

Oh Me Oh My! OmiOMy's Rambles

Reconciliation

Rate this Entry
Fact: I like diapers.

Fact: I have problems with incontinence.

These two facts about me are things that do not seem like they should go together. But then again, people are made out of contradictions. There's no reason why this shouldn't be one of them.

I have had problems with wetting the bed since way back. Like, way way back. Even in high school, when this "should" (quotes because of the way I was treated by family for the one time I was caught, ah memories) have been done with, I would wake up wet at least once a week. And it's continued to this day, sometimes so frequently that in order to have clean clothes I have to hand wash things in the morning before work.

Discovering diapers was a combination of feelings. I was protected, yes, but was I supposed to like this? I waffled between "Yes I like this" and "I only like the protection" for weeks even as I went forward with my life, lurking forums and curious about real diapers. I started having dreams about wearing diapers, including one especially strange one where I was on a date with a dominant at, of all places, a Steak N Shake.

After that dream, I bit the bullet. I bought my cloth diapers. They arrived quickly enough to surprise me. I couldn't wait to put one on so I didn't. It took about seven minutes to figure out how to diaper myself but when I did... I was happy. Secure. I wondered what took me so long.

I like my diapers a lot. They're comfortable, comforting, and feel very nice. They also serve a need. It's that simple. Even so it's been a long, strange trip for me reconciling the two.

But I'm getting there.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It might be unusual but I'd say it's better to like diapers if you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor
    It might be unusual but I'd say it's better to like diapers if you need them.
    It was certainly unexpected. Even less expected was that I'd have preferences in what style of diapers I'd like. I'm even building a little bit of a stash with different prints in the styles I like. It's all so surreal to me.

It definitely beats when I first started tooling around with cheap pull-ups, hiding them as if keeping them out of sight would fix my problem. The hilarious thing about hiding them like I did? I live alone. Who or what was I hiding them from? Ah denial!
    It's amazing what we'll hide from ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Howdy21
    It's amazing what we'll hide from ourselves
    I know, right? And it is funny because it's really such a harmless thing.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.