View RSS Feed

Onesieman

Troubles of getting a dentist

Rate this Entry
I have had a cavity in one of my back teeth for awhile, and it hasn't really bothered me until last week. I started to get a toothache on Wednesday the 2nd, then told my dad about it two days later. He gave me some pain killers so I could sleep at night and said he would find me a dentist for a low price.

We went to Aspen Dental, I get my teeth x-rayed, and the dentist says that my tooth can be saved, but you have to do it soon because it has an infection that's spreading to the rest of my mouth. For them to restore my teeth, I would have to pay $2500 for it, and I say "Fuck that, just pull it!" For a tooth extraction: $200. "Uhh, nope! I'll find another place." She also recommended some antibiotics and a plastic tube. Now I take those but still use a pacifier over a tube.

On Friday, I'm going to Jordan Valley and hopefully get a better deal there. They'll most likely have my x-rayed ready and be able to fix my teeth then. I was diapered at the last visit and I'll be wearing on the next one. After I get my tooth fixed, my boss will give me the day off so I can recover from the pain.

If I can't afford to get my teeth restored, then I'll have to get a pair of pliers, painful but cheap.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What's the plastic tube for?

Aspen Dental's kind of a rip off... I think they charged my dad about $2,500 to knock him out and pull a bunch of teeth. Meanwhile, I think a local oral surgeon charges about $50 an extraction. (Although that was a while ago.) Of course, if we're talking impacted wisdom teeth, it would be more.

The last time I went to the dentist was back in December, they wanted to pull two teeth with cavities, saying they couldn't fix them, one being a partially erupted, partially impacted wisdom tooth. But thanks to my massive anxiety (which prevents me from getting knocked out for it), I'm putting it off for as long as possible, until they start hurting or get infected. Gotta be careful when infection sets in.
    Updated 08-Nov-2017 at 20:09 by KimbaWolfNagihiko (spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaWolfNagihiko
    What's the plastic tube for?
    You can use a tube by chewing on it to stop grinding your teeth. It's more silicone than plastic. But they want money for that, too. So I'll just stick with my pacifier and it'll have the same results.
    Update: I went to the Jordan Valley Dental Center to get my tooth fixed. It was still able to be saved with a root canal and a crown for $900, and my insurance won't cover it. But they will pay for my tooth extraction and a follow-up for cleaning and other fillings. So they had to make my mouth go numb to remove the tooth & only had to pay five bucks for a walk-in fee (whatever they called it). The bleeding stopped after 90 minutes & the numbness went away after 2 hours. I also still have to take pain-killers every 8 hours so I can sleep at night.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.