View RSS Feed

KryanAshford

Frustated with life

Rate this Entry
I'm here trying to write my resume and looking for work. (Anywhere, but here) I'm tired of being where I am. I feel ready to get uprooted and leave, but nothing is happening. I have no idea what to do. I still have a few months left on my car, but I don't want to wait anymore. I don't see a point for this sit and wait game it's bugging me. I want to travel. I want to move and see new things.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Definitely get the resume written and have it looking good. Remember that a good cover letter is as important as the resume.

This tip sheet is a pretty good summary of how it should look.

[url]https://www.themuse.com/advice/20-basic-resume-writing-rules-thatll-put-you-ahead-of-the-competition[/url]

A resume should be an opportunity to reflect on your accomplishments and list them in such a way that a prospective employer knows they are getting a quality person. It's a chance to show pride in decisions you made that benefitted your company and how you took on additional responsibilities. You also want to list transferable skills that will appeal to a wide range of employers, such as creative problem solving, team leader, diplomatic and team player, whatever describes you best.

The cover letter should be drected towards the specific employer. Look at the job posting and reference it to your cover letter, showing you have the skills and providing relevant examples.

Keep everything clear and focussed. An employer may be going through a ton of resumes and they are looking for the ones that are most compatible with the position. So your resume shouldn't be cluttered or long, otherwise the main points won't stand out. Formatting is important in highlighting ypur skills and experience.

A resume should be more than a job description. While itz's important to highlight your skills and experience, you also want to show them what you did with the job.

As for the other stuff, there's no rush or timeline, however, if you're thinking of moving to another area for better employment opportunities, well, if you're in a place where there's no opportunities, then maybe a move isn't such a bad idea. We discussed this before and looked over a few areas that had better prospects for employment and good quality of life. Do you still have some money saved to relocate?
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.