View RSS Feed

Starrunner

Note to Myself

Rate this Entry
This morning is the beginning of a new day filled with possibilities. The sun pours across the living room in the early hours and all is quiet.

There are still days when you don't feel at home anywhere, but you can still find peace in these moments. Someone caling you a hypocrite does not make you a hypocrite, just as someone calling you a hero does not make you a hero. Nobody gets to define you except yourself. You find your identity in your own truth. If someone gives you something and then takes it back, it's okay. If someone sees something in you and then they don't, it's fine. There's no point in making the same argument over and over again, or trying to draw other people into it, always reaching for rewind. Guilt and regret are awful places to live. So don't live there.

In spite of the fact that I have requested the opportunity to relive and do over a thousand different yesterdays, the sun keeps rising on a new day instead. Yesterday is gone, and today is the most interesting day. It is the best place to live. These things deserve our attention: family, friends, the people you will meet today. They say 'we are all in this together' and that is absolutely true. The man suffering from cancer and chaos going through his mind, a conflict of caring, compassionate people with conflicting views, or the guy with tears in his eyes and the ghosts in his heart. A family can be torn apart, perhaps irreparably, and mistakes have been made. It takes more than one morning filled with possiblities to find solace in our pain, but, given some space and a time for reflection, perhaps those possibilities may present themselves in time.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

you give me hope for myself, for my life.
    fiver.....

PS;
    i love "You Light Up my Life," "Sometimes When We Touch" "McArthur Park," and "Fernando."
    Updated 14-Aug-2017 at 01:53 by littlelodgewrecker

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker
    you give me hope for myself, for my life.
    fiver.....

PS;
    i love "You Light Up my Life," "Sometimes When We Touch" "McArthur Park," and "Fernando."
    You have also given me hope, along with some kindness and profound words. Thank you.

PS; I think you also have tremendous courage in professing your love for really bad songs!
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.