View RSS Feed

WigglesThePup

The Big British Breakfast Blog Entry #1: Depression And Suicide

Rate this Entry
What's up readers? I'm Wiggles and this is just gonna be my thoughts, opinions, feelings, etc. I have never done a blog before but have written journals, this is a good way for me to just keep track of my mental health and I can bring it up to look back on what I was doing, maybe it's going to be boring or maybe you find some entertainment value from it, or maybe even find something helpful. This may not be a daily thing but I'll always post in the mornings if I have the spare time. (Gotta keep up that horrible title thing) Lets get right to it.

If you'd like to know more about myself I did an intro using that awesome cheat sheet. It pretty much explains why I'm here:

Some sad news to start us off: Chester Bennington, a frontman for the well-known band, Linkin Park was found dead last week on Thursday. It has been confirmed that the legend committed suicide by hanging himself. This is deeply tragic and I felt more than a little upset hearing about this. Luckily I'm a bit wiser to dealing with death now but I'd be lying if I said this didn't get to me, stuff like this always does because I'm quite a sensitive guy. We will miss him and his roaring voice!

If you thought it was in bad taste to talk about Chester Benningtons suicide, look at it this way: at least I didn't make a YouTube video about it and monetize the video so I would get money for it. (Yes others have and I find it disgusting) There's now even the conspiracy theorists doing their thang and making it seem more complicated than it really is. The man was depressed, there is no hidden mystery cause of his death, let him rest in peace!

It's just a real shame it had to happen and if you are thinking suicidal thoughts, seek the professional help you need! it is out there! There's lots of different therapy to try out and you are definitely never alone on the subject. Talk to someone about the things you wanna talk about most or do what I do and ramble about random news publicly to no one in particular. Ayy some methods work, some don't, it's different for everyone so make sure to get a feel with what you're doing.

To wrap this one up I think I should end it with this: if you're in the UK, there is a helpline for those feeling depressed or suicidal. Here's the webpage: http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/what-speak-us-about/signs-you-may-be-struggling-cope/giving-yourself-strength?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwevLBRCGARIsAKnAJvfODTkya9a z4C44giWdcYOUiqx77thnU-ahxLVHs8yFLeyMkR8oddwaAmRkEALw_wcB

As for me, I'm getting the help right now by typing all this and continuing the furry art I'm doing. Maybe I should talk about that next? Sorry if this one's a little short, lemme know if there's anything you want me to talk more about

Updated 2 Weeks Ago at 22:16 by WigglesThePup

Tags: blog, british, furry
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nicely done!

As a request: if you would kindly wrap '[url]' enter address here '[/url]' tags or, highlight the addy and use the make-link button (alt) push make-link then paste addy in the pop-up field... then I for one, can operate the links through this tablet - I'm still a bit of a newbie on this device - Thank you kindly to consider that!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

-Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Marka
    Nicely done!

As a request: if you would kindly wrap '[url]' enter address here '[/url]' tags or, highlight the addy and use the make-link button (alt) push make-link then paste addy in the pop-up field... then I for one, can operate the links through this tablet - I'm still a bit of a newbie on this device - Thank you kindly to consider that!

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

-Marka
    Hey thanks for the feedback Marka! I can't however seem to find the make-link button but lemme know if wrapping the link in spoiler tags worked, I'm still getting my bearings too lol showing so much right now.
    I wasn't familiar with Linkin Park's music, but it's always sad when someone feels suicide is the only way to escape such pain. We can only hope that this tragedy can be used to educate the public about the warning signs, about treating depression, and that certainly suicidal ideation is not restricted to gender, income or ethnicity.

By the way, if you check out the Articles forum, we have an article posted to provide information on helplines and online resources to people who feel they be at risk.

Cheers, friend.
    Well spoken and I will check that article thread out and link to it in the future. It's a shame I haven't found a way to link it on blogs yet, if there is a way.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.