View RSS Feed

AustinTheLionhearted

Wednesday! Hump Day = Good News! (Daily Blog - Stardate: 70995.1)

Rate this Entry
I had a 'little' themed dream last night (forgot what it was about), but unfortunately it was interrupted when my "rude" alarm using a theme from Hellsing Ultimate woke me up. I woke up this morning still feeling tired (I've been feeling tired from waking up early for school for many weeks now), clutching my plush fox tightly with my eyes teary from the night's dream. I also had a partially dried silver dollar sized wet spot on my bed.

Today had a very miserable forecast of thunderstorms and high winds. It wasn't my ideal conditions to drive to my summer community college, but what can you do if you're a model college student and want to set an example for others. I went in and sat on the couches outside the classroom. I attempted to remember the 3 part assignment that my laid-back professor wrote on the board during the 2nd exam for me to read and copy (which I didn't have time to do anyway), but I couldn't think of it. I looked at the syllabus and read the selection that was listed as today's assignment (the professor had long since stopped referring to the syllabus as a means of guidance to assignments). The class was behind on the presentation assignment that was assigned at the beginning of the semester. Because we were so far behind with getting the presentations done, the professor no longer has the time to deliver all of his content. I discovered an error in the paper I submitted this week (that was due Monday) thanks to his lecture on MLA format (to refresh our memories since the last standard - MLA7), so I fixed it and resubmitted. Then we spent a full 45 minutes (15 minutes overtime included) having some of the remaining students present on their selected short stories. After that, the professor hinted we might have a take-home exam for our final, submitted via our learning management system (LMS). Quite frankly, he rarely uses the LMS to convey due dates and assignment content (mostly conveyed by worth of mouth) which frustrates me. Anyway, the entire class cheered at the possibility of having a take-home final exam. Also the professor announced that alterations are going to be made to the exam in order to accommodate for the missing content that he will not provide in the lectures. I certainly was ecstatic of such good luck with the final exam being condensed and possibly made up to be take-home.

In other news, my cat, Monte, seems to be doing better. I gave him the new colon-related medicine along with the previous esophagitis medication in liquid form and since last night he has not thrown up once. He is still concerning me, though because he is starting to get evasive to the medication that I have to "make" him drink. It worries me, but the reaction is to be expected from a cat who was born feral and was warmed up to humans after he was rescued.

Since my Biology class is about to be done (by next Tuesday) and since there is no lecture in Biology tomorrow I get to sleep in. It feels rewarding to finally get some time off of the horrendous sleeping schedule that the college courses have me practicing.

Until next time we meet, stay padded, stay 'little', and stay 'you' everyone!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I hardly ever have "little " dreams, which is interesting given how much time I spend on here.

It sounds like your professor's "give a damn" must have broken. Is it one of those visiting "adjunct" instructors that are too common with community colleges?

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoise
    I hardly ever have "little " dreams, which is interesting given how much time I spend on here.

It sounds like your professor's "give a damn" must have broken. Is it one of those visiting "adjunct" instructors that are too common with community colleges?
    Possibly, He did go to a conference in Florida for a week, however he does say he is a part of the staff.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.