View RSS Feed

Premetheus

Holiday ruiners

Rate this Entry
Ever had someone who obviously had a bad experience with a holiday say it sucks or bring up darker origins of a holiday just because they hate it? I have and I'm sick of it. It's not as bad as mommyjacking a post, but it is pretty bad. You could call it holiday hijacking. Easter for example is a Christian, pagan, and secular holiday.

Christian: Jesus's Resurrection
Pagan: Fertility goddess and sex.
Secular: Easter Bunny and eggs.

Yet for some reason this person on my Facebook thinks it is ONLY pagan and they're a heretical Christian so pretty much everything they say is wonky. Joel Osteen is not even that bad of a heretic compared to my friend. I love him, but he really needs to stop trying to voice an opinion on something he knows nothing about. It's clear to me his bias stems from severe abuse and pain which is why I feel for him. I hate how badly he hurts and how he is treated for being bisexual. As Christians we are called to love all, but not always the actions. Love the sinner, hate the sin if you will. I'm not really even trying to make a debate here, I'm basically just venting here. So if you feel the need to comment something nasty please don't I've got enough on my plate as it is. My wife's mother dying, missing a month of work and still somehow not being fired, and just a lot of crap going on with my extended family. I think I need a vacation from life.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Holidays to me are just holidays. When it really comes down to it, they are pretty meaningless themselves and the only thing that gives them meaning are the people who celebrate it. If a person really wanted, they could celebrate Easter as a satanic holiday *shrugs*.

Quote Originally Posted by MarchinBunny
    Holidays to me are just holidays. When it really comes down to it, they are pretty meaningless themselves and the only thing that gives them meaning are the people who celebrate it. If a person really wanted, they could celebrate Easter as a satanic holiday *shrugs*.
    That is my point, you got it exactly. Thank you for seeing that.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.