View RSS Feed

gigglebutt

Trouble communicating..

Rate this Entry
Since restarting Zoloft a week and change ago, I've been experiencing serious difficulty communicating with others and being involved in anything. I've started to feel like there's no way to really communicate anything, that everything is coming out a muddled, nonsensical mess.

When I first joined ADISC I was pretty active and feeling good about it, but lately I've been experiencing difficulty partaking and joining in any discussions because I simply feel as if I've got nothing worth saying and it's a bit weird.. it sounds like that would be a normal thing but it isn't for me. It's effecting my life as well, I'm not very talkative or involved in anything my friends are doing. I just feel a bit numb and dulled.

Maybe I'm experiencing more symptoms of things, I'm not sure. I know I feel like I miss everyone here, and yet.. I'm here every day. But I just end up watching! I'm a ghost! oOooOoo...

Heh.. :< Confusing.

Oh well, have a hug if you're reading this.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think you should tell your psychiatrist how the zoloft is making you feel. Maybe the dosage needs changed or zoloft is not for you, but I wouldn't know for sure.
    It's possible the problem stems from the interruption in taking the medication. It has to be taken consistently on a regular schedule or there could be side effects. Getting back on them and maintaining them regularly is a step in the right direction. The next step is to contact your therapist to discuss what has been happening and how it has been making you feel. For all our medical advancements, the medical profession is still somewhat trial-and-error, and often adjustments need to be made along the way to wellness. You'll get there. But do talk to your therapist soon.

You've been a great presence on this site, but don't feel you need to contribute anything here when you're not feeling well or just caught up in real life. Adisc should be a place of respite and support, with no pressure to participate. Just do what you want, take care of your own feelings first and focus on yourself, without guilt, without pressure. We've talked about this before: you can't take care of anyone if you can't first take care of yourself. One day at a time friend. I'm in your corner.
    Yeah, I'm a bit sad with everything going on I've had to reschedule with her twice now. I've got to keep my appointments. These last two have been nigh impossible unfortunately... Thankfully I can call her and talk for the time being. Think I'm going to do that. This feels um.. awful really.

I've complained a few times about this now, haven't I? It hasn't changed very much...it's starting to really bother me. I don't think I can keep taking this dosage of Zoloft if things don't begin to change soon. I've also been having mood swings. Not really going down, but I'll feel really good for a while and then just feel a lot of nothing, and it feels unnatural..
    Hey hang in there!

When I was taking too big a dose of anti-anxiety meds I ended up completely detached from everyone I cared about and it was aweful. It was like I was wrapped in cotton, which felt nice at first, but then oddly distantly terrifying because it was as if I didn't exists and it didn't matter if I existed. Obviously that's total bullshit and just the drugs talking, so I'm glad I got out of that.

I'm sure you'll get it worked out too!

We're here for you as you get yourself dialed in, so don't feel pressure and don't feel like a ghost!
    We see you, and think of you, even if you have to be quiet for a bit!

*HUUUUUUUUUGGGGSSSSS*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Do not worry I have seen similer on IRC where they are mebers but nobody is talking and even Discord. Look at the Babyfur/ diaperfur thread. Things keep getting locked. If you want to comment on things try the greeting thread. There you can greet new people and make them feel at home with the site.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.