View RSS Feed

JustaGamer

My first blog post

Rate this Entry
I loved the way this site advertised itself, I like the rules and I liked the idea it gives us an area to blog. I just want to get some stuff out and I am not necessarily looking for anyone to comment on it or heck even read it. So my first blog post. What led me to ADISC.

I have always been a DL but not so active online for 7-8 years. Until today. What brought me here? A google search for "Gabapentin + Bedwetting" which lead me to this article http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/80997-Sudden-Bedwetting-problem! amongst others confirming it is a side effect but a pretty rare one.

I have been suffering with pain since a disc in my back bulged and pinched a nerve. Among the Rx's the doctors supplied nothing was helping and I wasn't sleeping for a week so they added 300mg of Gabapentin at bed time.

Night 1: Woke up with the urge to pee so bad I jumped up and ran to the bathroom to have it start start coming out half way there.

Night 2: Woke up and felt myself peeing, I jumped up and pinched it off as I ran to the bathroom. Upon inspection coming back I had a basketball sized wet spot on the bed and my boxers.

Night 3: Now being a DL I had some Depends flex fits so I tossed one on and went to bed. Something I haven't done in a long time. This time I would not awake till morning and I was completely soaked, the bed as well.

I never wet the bed even as a kid. Oooo how I tried to as a kid. I would drink tons of water, tried sleeping with my own hand in buckets of water, tried waiting till I was bursting and laying down. Nothing. I was a DL who was cursed with the bladder of a tank. So as an adult this happening I was alarmed, then frustrated but secretly I am enjoying it a little.

Night 4: Formerly experimenting in the AB world I raided a box I packed away for many years. Inside some diapers (Abena's) and plastic pants. Other stuff also... but I don't need that. Again woke up in the morning SOAKED but safe. The diaper took it all.

Night 5: Another Abena and plastic pants. Again woke up soaked but this time I noticed small wet patches on my boxers where it leaked out of the plastic pants. Guess I am rusty at diapering and didn't tape up tight enough.

Night 6: Out of the old Abena's I put on another pullup I had stashed away. I think it was a tranquility pullup and put on the plastic pants. This morning I work up soaked and literately dripping wet when i stood up. Bed soaked as well. That thing was full front to back and then some. All I could think is WOW how relaxed are these pills making my nerves. I must of been peeing all night.

The pills are working for the pain and letting me sleep so I don't want to stop. Thank god for Amazon. Day 3 I ordered more Abena's and a cloth adult diaper as the plastic pants are... a bit embarrassing. I don't want my kid to hear me walking around in them in the morning while cleaning up.

We will see what tonight brings.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

In the back of my mind, I'm glad that should anything happen where I have a control problem, I've got products and a lot of specialized knowledge/experience. I knock wood that my control remains excellent but it's good to know that I wouldn't be at sea if there was a problem. Seems like you're getting a handle on it. I hope you won't need to take that medication for long.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.