View RSS Feed

Lying Awake

Rate this Entry
I had one of those nights where I go to bed, and the second my head hits the pillow my mind is flooded with all sorts of thoughts and worries and problems that circle around, fading in and out, like I'm watching a high-def TV that changes channels every five seconds. Suffice to say, I did not get the best sleep last night. I'm concerned about everything in my life, from school to work to relationships (or lack thereof), and it's all working my mind with a sledgehammer when I lie awake at night.

I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one like this. Anyone have good tips for tuning out the clusterf**k of thoughts and getting some good shuteye?

It happens to me, not often, but when it does it is a @#$%! to get through. One thing that helps me is to get as comfortable as I can, then focus on ONE thing, whether it's an apple, a sheep, a forest scene, or whatever (something calming), and kind of meditate my way to sleep. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.