View RSS Feed

Visitors without a voice

Rate this Entry
I have to say, I'm somewhat disappointed in how many people view a profile, but don't leave/say a word. I've had 2800+ visits to my profile, with only one, or two comments. Are people so shallow, they have nothing to offer? Are they so cloaked in anonymity, they never come out, just lurking in the shadows. I'll be the first to admit it, I'm oftentimes afraid to start a dialogue with people, because I tend to feel ill just piss them off, etc. And, then, there are those that are just jerks that you don't want to talk to, but you want to see what they're saying around ADISC. But, really folks, are we now so socially isolated that we don't bother to try to make friends? It just takes an occasional hello....

I think it's more a matter of why people look at profiles here. Maybe I'm in the minority but usually when I look at a user's profile, it's to see if there's information relevant to a post I've seen and want to reply to, the user's location if a reply I'm making is location-relevant, or a quick means to check out threads/posts the user has made in the past. Posts are the primary means of communication for me here even if I do wind up making friends and I've made some most excellent friends over time.
    While fairly new here, I am spending more time on ADISC than most other boards now, specifically because of the increased interaction. On other boards people often seem to talk past each other, so ADISC is doing something right. When I visit a profile, I typically want to learn more about that person...where do they live, what else have they posted, etc. But I'm also not very big on the whole "social media" thing, i.e. he who dies with the most "friends" wins. I may have been one of those people who clicked your link, but please don't take my lack of a note personally. Doing anything beyond posting in the forums simply isn't second nature. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.